Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi everyone,

I have been using android for a very long time now and got my hands onto nokia lumia 1020 recently.

I synced my google account and all my google contacts popped up on the people app and did the same with my hotmail account.

Now when I try to refresh my contacts in Watsapp I see nothing, but most of my contacts use watsapp. And when I recieve a contact over watsapp from a friend of mine and when I try to save it, the people app asks me where do I want to save my contact in which account (hotmail or google)? is it normal? Cause I am not able to save it on phone directly and I guess watsapp wouldn't take the contacts that are stored in a account, it has to be on phone.

So how can I get all my contacts into watsapp?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

you have to have them as a contact in phone? then it will import them automatically, if not then reinstall whatsapp

How should I have them as a contact in phone? Cause when i try to add a new contact it asks if I want to add it in hotmal acc or google and not on the phone itself. And how can I copy all my contacts from google account to phone book or people app?

the hotmasil account is your contact on the phone. it only ask you about that because if you get another phone and then use the same mircrosoft account a.k.a your hotmail account. it imports all the contact saved on that hotmail account