Nokia Lumia 1020 battery problems?

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I got to 2 days and 6 hours since charge at 60% this morning, I've used it rapidly during the day and the last 40-30% has drained abnormally fast with no reason, I used the camera and messed with it and settings and photos for about 10 minutes which drained 7% and it drained abnormally fast to 25% after a quick reboot, soft resetting left it at 24% from 25% before the reset, idk I'll charge it in the morning.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I accidently left it on charge after it fully charged for five hours, I fell asleep trying not to but I did, after I unplugged it 3 hours ago its now still on 100% usually when I overcharge it it usually says I have less time that the charge will last, instead it is the same as the last charge after fully charging, hope I can keep it good or better it again if it spirals down...

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ive had nothing but good luck all day, it slowly went down to 98% and then i went to a different house with LTE an the battery hasnt drained, i got my new yellow pd-95g case grip to match my yellow phone (i have a black one and bought a yellow one - it arrived today) i fully charged the case an charged the phone back to 100% and put the case on and turned the charging off, i was in the camera for a few minutes an no battery drain while i took 4 photos and experimented with the settings in nokia camera, the case feels nice and looks any better on the phone then the black case does, the battery has been real nice , will be selling my black case (new) for 40 dollars if anyones interested. Usually 50- 70$ btw

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
nothing unusual, I used it to around 97% last night when I went out, came home and used it for a while, installed windows phone insider and instantly removed it (horrible discharger) I got it down to 90% turned it off for the night, wake up seven hours later and rebooted and lost 2% (88%) while it was off? weird... I looked through the app store a bit and moved my apps around for a while on the start screen and it drained to 83%? after checking it a few hours later on no usage its now at 83% (still) so I guess that's alright, it should last me till about tomorrow night or whatever, im occasionally taking the case on just to get used to it in increments, its really nice, again, im offering a black PD-95G case starting at 40$, its in good condition, only opened to fully charge, ive had it for about 2 weeks, have everything I got in the box, anyone interested please msg me...

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a 920. Battery drains abnormally in these week. Down 15% every hour. I had hard reset it yesterday. Reinstalled some of the apps. It seemed ok until last night. I disconnected it from the charger when it has around 70%. I woke 7 hours later and it wouldn't turn on.... So what's going on?

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
that sounds waaaayyyy to abnormally strange, I would definitely suggest a return or a replacement, im not sure about the 920's battery size but that sounds ridiculous, were talking about 1020s with 2000 MaH batterys.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Its been 3 days and 2 hours since I last charged and my phones still on 39% slowly dropping, dropped about five percent while I had no signal today for about 4 hours , not bad

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Yah after numerous charging cycles (dropped battery to 0 and even 20%), I called AT&T to have this unit replaced. I even deleted all apps but still a discharge rate from 13%-18% per hour.

Hopefully the new 1020 will not drain like most of ours.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone lose 45% in 14 hours on pretty moderate usage, I lose in increments of 2% and using my camera has been killing way more percent then it usually has been, I uninstalled Pandora and windows phone insider and everything is disabled, battery saver set to always and low brightness, everything set to manually and no push notifications, idk what's been going on my battery life has been getting worse and worse

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it down 20% after playing halo Spartan assault for 10 minutes, fruit ninja for 5 and watching 10 more minutes of video, its kinda meh, try not to overcharge it again tonight -_-

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm looking for a little help please. My wife has the 1020 and it's been just fine for the last two or so weeks. The last two days the battery doesn't seem to be charging when plugged in over night. Example, the phone was plugged in and changed last night from 10.30pm till 6am this morning. Now at 8am with absolute zero use, the battery indicates it's down to 10% charge.
Clearly not right was hoping for a couple of pointers on how to trouble shoot and hopefully fix the issue.

Thanks

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm looking for a little help please. My wife has the 1020 and it's been just fine for the last two or so weeks. The last two days the battery doesn't seem to be charging when plugged in over night. Example, the phone was plugged in and changed last night from 10.30pm till 6am this morning. Now at 8am with absolute zero use, the battery indicates it's down to 10% charge.
Clearly not right was hoping for a couple of pointers on how to trouble shoot and hopefully fix the issue.

Thanks

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

hmmm, so it dropped to 10% WHILE it was on the harger? Try soft resetting ny holding down the powers button and the bottom volume rocker till you feel a vibrate and let go, this does not delete any personal data it just simply restarts the operating system, nothing changes, also I recommend never let your battery fully drain, charge it once It gets below 20% and don't charge it longer than 30 minutes after its hit 100% I accidently overcharged my phone last night even though I set an alarm, the damn thing didn't go off, second time I've done it and its telling me I have less longr standby time as well, oh well

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I leave mine plugged in over night every night, and always have with every phone I've owned since 2004. Lithium based batteries do not have issues with leaving them plugged in. The only problem that presents is the lifetime of the battery will be mildly degraded after about a year or two. Discharging the battery completely will have a similar effect, so I just leave it charged as much as possible.

Source? Search for legitimate studies on batteries and you'll see how they actually work. Make sure the studies describes the type of battery and is current. I'm an electrical engineer and have researched this as well.

In response to uktivo - I too have had this issue sporadically on my 920. My 1020 did it maybe once before. I took it off the charger and soft reset it each time (sometimes I held power and volume, other times I just shut it off and turned back on normally). When it came back on, it was properly reporting battery again. I think there's a Windows Phone battery calibration bug. Make sure the phone is up to date as well, since I haven't had it recently at all.

EDIT: Just to mention, I wouldn't be concerned. Just restart it if it happens again. If it happens often, contact Nokia / the retailer and tell them the battery keeps reporting 10% when it's fully charged. They'll likely replace it.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Swapped out my old 1020 for another via the 1yr warranty honored by AT&T. Noticed a big difference already.

Phone lasts all day and I usually get anywhere from a 2%-7% discharge rate. Mind you it only has been three days though. I have been draining the battery daily to make sure that by the second week of usage, I can get a better idea if this new 1020 is better.

I still cannot shake the idea that all our battery issues are merely software and not hardware related. The next firmware update is suppose to allow us to properly close down apps (via an "x") in the multitasking view. I am hoping that will do it.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the battery status which we view under Settings is bugged. My phone was once showing 90%, and after I reboot it, the percentage bounced back to 98%. Is just cranky. I bet there are lots of bugs lurking in the OS, which I hope can be ironed out with GDR3.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, alot of those random jumpings has to do with what you charged it with, with the normal cable it is always correct, but if I use a car charger or a charging case its always way more than it said before if I happened to reboot or soft reset, my phones been pretty good, it will easily last a day I just wished I could make it last longer like a Droid or something, oh well its still more than enough to suffice, took over 400 photos in a 3 hours period and only lost 30% its alot better then my digital SLR, internet is tue main hogger then anything else, this app seems to use alot when I'm viewing things as well, nothing ridiculous just maybe 1-2% per 5-10 minutes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa