Screen protector

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the 1020? All the ones I have bought have been way too small for the screen.

I'm suspicious that it's not possible to fit a screen protector because the screen bevels into the body of the phone at the edges

Anyone?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't waste your money. This generation of Gorilla glass is incredibly tough. I've gone over a year with a naked screen and no scratches at all.

Tinderbox_UK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
A tiny bit of sand in your pocket or on your cleaning cloth can scratch your screen easily, get a screen protector.

I have been trying to find a screen protector that fits all the screen, but all the ones i have seen have had at least 3-4mm gap around the edges supposedly because the screen is curved and they will not stick down because of it.

I bought one and it seems ok, i will be looking for one of the new impact resistant ones as with the "Poetic(TM) Atmosphere Case" has no bezel to protect the screen from drop impacts.

John.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
wet fit ones will fit the whole screen as they can bend and stick to the curved glass

non-wet apply ones should have a gap , they will cover the screen but not the whole glass , if they don't have the gap they will not stick around the edges and will fill with dust and grime and peel off :)

Tinderbox_UK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
?15 is a bit of money for a screen protector for a couple of ? more i could get one of the new Impact resistant ones, also Zagg screen protectors can be a little tacky/draggy when swiping your finger how is yours.

Edge to Edge is nice though.

John.

I have a Zagg InvisibleShield on mine and don't really see any gap.

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the zagg invisible shield one, it's dry, but today they had a 2-for-1 sale so I got 2 for ?15, I figured I might as well give them a go at that price... if it doesn't fit or operate nicely then I'll look into the 'wet' ones, cheers!

Tinderbox_UK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I got this email yesterday

90% Off 2 or More

Get protection for all your new Christmas gear at a great price

Right now at XtremeGuard.com we are offering everything at 90% off when you purchase 2 or more. All you have to do is add two or more items to your cart and enter the code "90off2" at checkout. This will only be available for a limited time so take advantage of this insane sale now!

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the XtremeGuard discount code! For the price it worth a try. I ordered 2 full body kits for $2.20 shipped.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the XtremeGuard discount code! For the price it worth a try. I ordered 2 full body kits for $2.20 shipped.

After looking at the extremeguard, I would not try it even if it was free, too risky since they want you to use water to apply it. Not worth the risk of one drop getting through and ruining your device or voiding your warranty.
Just my .2c.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Why spend bucks applying screen protector, destroying beauty of our phone and then have it scratched ugly, when it would had barely make anything on gorilla glass 3?
The need for plastic protectors are plain gimmicks today. Lots of smartphone users around me hadn't use them anymore for YEARS and nothing happened, despite the sand myth.

its not like anyone would intentionally rub their screen hard with sand papers

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I was carrying a ceramic coffee mug just a while back today and the bottom barely touched my screen putting small scratches in the supposedly impenetrable gorilla glass. Go without a rubber and you know what can happen...

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
After looking at the extremeguard, I would not try it even if it was free, too risky since they want you to use water to apply it. Not worth the risk of one drop getting through and ruining your device or voiding your warranty.
Just my .2c.

LOL a lot of screen protectors are wet install. It's not hard to do if you follow the directions. And make sure your device is off during the install.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the invisible shield zagg one, mainly because it was 2for1 over christmas. So, the installation is a bit weird, but not hugely difficult, it looks like crap to begin with but works itself out. It seems to 'fit' ok, unlike others, but i don't really like the feel of it and the protector itself is very prone to scratches and marks (ironically). I'm not a huge fan but I'm keeping it on because I already had a small scratch on the screen of the 1020 before I put it on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta