Viber Problem

Emix1988

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have problem with Viber on my 1020.
When i exit the app or press home to close it i can't receive calls anymore, ppl say that my status is offline, and even when i open the app my phone is not ringing when my friend is calling me.
And then after few seconds or minutes i get info about missed call(s).

It's totally messed up because sometimes its ringing but only when Viber is opened i think.

Anyone have same issue??

headphoneus

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone ecosystem! /s

I can understand your pain. This problem happens with Skype too. Reinstalling the app worked for me as far as Viber is concerned.

Also, I read somewhere that WP8 can handle maximum 21 background processes with only 7 turned ON. So, remove all the apps which you do not use.

With the above measure and Black update, Viber works great.

Dimitris Ath

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi! i would like to ask you if viber rings like a classic call when the screen is locked!Or is just a toast notification and you have to open the app to answer ?

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi! i would like to ask you if viber rings like a classic call when the screen is locked!Or is just a toast notification and you have to open the app to answer ?

Mine since Last Week is just a TOAST NOTIFICATION (Viber and Skype).
Before that both called like a regular phone call.
Do you have any inputs about this change?

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here but since 1st day on Viber, i don't use Skype.

My bad! I didn't realized before but the problem is only occurring on Lumia 1020. When receiving calls through 920 everything still working fine like a regular call.
My question now is if someone could receive Viber or Skype calls on 1020 as expected or only toast notification. Does it affect all 1020's owners or not?

ticket123

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It's even worth on my Lumia 925 (Black Update installed): No notifications at all. Only the live tile is working. That concerns messages as well as calls!!! Even worse: the only notification/alert that is working is the 'bling' when sending messages (which I would like to supress COMPLETELY as it also sounds when on 'vibration only' mode). Worst way of user notification ever. Besides that, I do like Viber a lot, but Line has way better notifications for example.

I also tried reinstalling etc. - no success...

kamen_ivanov

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Nokia Lumia 925. When I bought my phone and installed Viber (2. something) everything was working FINE. Calls were like regular calls and push(toast) notifications where showing correctly. After next Viber update 3.1 or something the calls sopped working and were like a toast notification that should be clicked and then answer the call. Still that was not a problem to me. Now after the last Windows update to Black nothing works as expected ... No notifications, no calls. At some point the tile updates with X unread messages and that is after an hour after they were sent. Very bad really :(

Last edited:

Yasir Sheriffdeen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the same issue on Lumia 925 with Black Update. And I reached out Viber Support. They said they are working with MS to fix this issue. I think we need to wait for the update, but no idea how long!!!

kamen_ivanov

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same issue on Lumia 925 with Black Update. And I reached out Viber Support. They said they are working with MS to fix this issue. I think we need to wait for the update, but no idea how long!!!
I wrote them on facebook and they answered me the same thing.
There is a commercial which ends with "... And now we wait.". I guess we should do the same.

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
As you already know, we are working with MS to fix this issue ASAP.
You may reduce the notification miss frequency by doing the following:
1. Open your phone's settings
2. Go to Wi-Fi
3. Tap on Advanced
4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out
Please note that this option will affect your battery consumption.

kamen_ivanov

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi ViberTeam,

Thanks for the update in this forum, now we know that you follow most of the channels and will respond to our needs which is a kind of relief at least for me.

I would give another workaround:
1. Go to Settings -> Lock screen and select Viber as one of the 5 apps which you can choose for quick status
2. Then again from Settings open glance and turn it on - at least to peek.
3. When the live tile is updated (that you have new unread message) the quick status on the glance screen will also indicate that you have something unread.
Note: even if you set glance screen to always it won't affect the battery consumption that much.

The messages do not come that late after they are sent (2-3 up to 5 mins I think or at least hope so).

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
As you already know, we are working with MS to fix this issue ASAP.
You may reduce the notification miss frequency by doing the following:
1. Open your phone's settings
2. Go to Wi-Fi
3. Tap on Advanced
4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out
Please note that this option will affect your battery consumption.

Thanks for your reply but this workaround didn't solved the problem for me.
I'm waiting some real solution ASAP.

Regards,

kamen_ivanov

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

In case you haven't noticed yet there is a new viber update :)

Hopefully it will solve our problems :)

p.s. I receive push/toast notifications now and I know when somebody texts me. Thanks for the update. Also there are some new features added I really like the sticker market. Thanks, ViberTeam!

Regards,
Kamen

Last edited:

r0mmE7

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I fixed Viber on my Lumia 920 today.
I had push notification issues for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
Here is what I did:
1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
I hope this info helps.

Abhishek Yadav9

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
i have got lumia 730 viber problem. i have allowed viber and two more apps to run in the background. Whenever i minimize or exit viber, i stop getting viber messages and calls notifications. :unhappy: PLEASE HELP

user_of_lumia

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I still have problems with viber. If it is connected to mobile data, it is ok, evrything works. But if only wifi is on and screen is locked then it behaves how it wants. sometimes I get notifications, sometimes not. Do not understan whats happening.

Jeric Malabanan

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I have problem with Viber on my 1020.
When i exit the app or press home to close it i can't receive calls anymore, ppl say that my status is offline, and even when i open the app my phone is not ringing when my friend is calling me.
And then after few seconds or minutes i get info about missed call(s).

It's totally messed up because sometimes its ringing but only when Viber is opened i think.

Anyone have same issue??

Same as the issue of yours... Im using lumia 535...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786