Double tap to wake not always working, what gives?

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
At time i have to double tap 4-5 times before my Lumia 1020 reacts and wakes up. And it can be really slow. My previous Lumia 820 had no issues with this what so ever, it work up instantly and i never had to do multiple double taps.

Does anyone else experience this? What gives? Anyone know? It's actually completely useless like this (since it ain't double tap but sometimes tap'extravaganza).

PS: Im running Lumia Black build 3051.40000.1345.10285

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that as well. Try tapping then pausing for a half sec. What I think is happening is that you may be tapping to fast and the device is not registering it. Just a thought.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I was about to post something! Sometimes my 1020 doesn't respond to even triple or quadrate taps! Slow taps don't work too.

Problem since the last touch update.

TheGreatKhali88

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Same thing for both of my Lumia 925's. If I do a soft reset, it gets better. But the problem comes back, as soon as I log into my account and download new apps.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This might be a no-brainer, but are you guys sure you arnt covering the proximity sensor? Sometimes when my phone isn't "facing me" properly, my hand is more or less above the proximity sensor. In this case the phone thinks that it's in your pocket or smth and those are accidental taps.

TheGreatKhali88

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This might be a no-brainer, but are you guys sure you arnt covering the proximity sensor? Sometimes when my phone isn't "facing me" properly, my hand is more or less above the proximity sensor. In this case the phone thinks that it's in your pocket or smth and those are accidental taps.

No, it's not covered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss