1020 flash not working

mikepaul85

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My flash suddenly stopped working on Sunday evening.

I was tweaking the manual camera settings, and then a few minutes later it would not flash. The assistance light turns on, but then nothing - the pic takes without flash. I don't know if it's a coincidence that the flash stopped working just after trying to discover the manual settings, or if somehow that has affected the flash.

I tried resetting all of the manual camera options first (to auto). I then tried "using default settings" in settings, then tried "camera reset" in photos+settings, then restarting my phone, then a soft reset, I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the Nokia Camera app. Nothing has worked.

I don't want to have to try a hard reset, but it's looking that way. Does anyone know of a fix, or why this may have happened?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

P.S. I'm running Black.

Last edited:

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for asking if you are already aware of it, but does the flash icon show that the flash is actually turned on? I think the flash is the only setting that actually persists across closing/opening of the app.

mikepaul85

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
a real good chance that the flash unit is busted. Send it in to nokia.

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm holding out hope that it's software-related.

My phone is unlocked, so I'm assuming that I'd have to pay Nokia the full price for the repair. I wonder how much it would cost.

I appreciate the reply.

Matts Big Dream

May 28, 2015
Visit site
My flash suddenly stopped working on Sunday evening.

I was tweaking the manual camera settings, and then a few minutes later it would not flash. The assistance light turns on, but then nothing - the pic takes without flash. I don't know if it's a coincidence that the flash stopped working just after trying to discover the manual settings, or if somehow that has affected the flash.

I tried resetting all of the manual camera options first (to auto). I then tried "using default settings" in settings, then tried "camera reset" in photos+settings, then restarting my phone, then a soft reset, I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the Nokia Camera app. Nothing has worked.

I don't want to have to try a hard reset, but it's looking that way. Does anyone know of a fix, or why this may have happened?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

P.S. I'm running Black.

Matts Big Dream

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I discovered some manual settings and started playing with them and now my flash will not work. Did you ever find a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster