Bing Music app not working

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
So I just got my lumia 1020 on thursday, and one thing I have noticed on my lumia 1020 is that my bing music app under the search does not work. Anytime I use it, all I get is the We can't connect to search right now, check your cellular data or Wifi connection. Please try again later.

I tried a soft reset, hard reset, took it to the AT&T store cause the windows phone rep said its hardware but when I got to the AT&T store they showed me on their 1020's in store and also their demo ones they use that the music app did the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it also the case with WiFi on? It could be if their demo is on AT&T and your phone is too, it is their network? Because on my phone it works seamlessly.

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
it doesn't work on my home network, nor does it work over my data connection. Also my friends have the same issue with their 1020. the music app doesn't work.

So I just don't know, cause the AT&T rep tried it on their wi fi, over the data too and it just doesn't work. I am going to the microsoft store to have them look at it just incase AT&T is crazy.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You and your friends probably got that store's bad shipment or some bad att stock. You all should return them, suspecting your search is just a symptom of a broader radio or other wireless problem. If you have access to a Microsoft store, get your phones there or go to another att store. My significant only's 1020 is music-searching flawlessly. Good luck getting past this, which you will for sure, and welcome to the board.

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I actually did go to the microsoft store today, and we checked out their 1020 and it was posing the same issue. I wonder if it was the most recent update.

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
nope, they did however notice that the lumia icon on verizon was doing the same thing, so it can't be a AT&T network issue, its gotta be something on possibly microsofts end, thats my only guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs