Is this phone still worth buying?

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well that's basically the question. Is this phone still worth buying? I saw it that it's for $49.99 refurbish from att with a 2 year contract. What will I miss with the coming of windows 8.1? Does it use a nano or micro sim card?

​Thanks

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's still a very good WP
(It's a mirco sim)
It take brilliant pictures (41Mp), the phone is quick, it's a very good quality and design, so just buy it :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It uses a micro-sim card. If the phone were available on Verizon, I'd take it. You won't be missing anything in 8.1 with this phone. It's not going to be quite as snappy as the 1520 or the Icon, with their quad-core processors, and it doesn't have the built-in Qi charging available in many Lumias (but can be added with a charging cover), but other than that, you're good. I'd love to have that camera in a phone that works on Verizon's network, because where I live, Verizon is the only acceptable coverage.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Specifications - Nokia

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
1020 can already run 8.1, you won't lose any features except maybe 'project my screen' because that depends on the hardware. 1020 still has the best camera, I'm pretty sure it's better then 20MP ones on 1520, Icon, 930. I don't know about refurbished it always has the 'used' sound to me :D
But sure, for this price it's awesome, I'd get it. You could wait for 930 or whatever att will get, but it won't be as cheap.
It will still run smoothly, though loading times may be a tad longer then on the new quad core phones.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The phone is good, no question. However what are your needs?

If a 1080 display is important, this is not your phone.

I would say look at a 1020, an Icon, a 1520, a 1320 and any other model you like and see which one matches with needs.

The Camera (41MP), is in truth for me more Camera then I will ever need, but I am still learning about pictures. So I could grow into it.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a 1020 instead of waiting for the 930 i honestly think i made the right choice usually i go for the latest and greatest but this time i decided i wanted the best camera and the screen is good enough for me anyway honestly 1080p screens will probably get out done next year, The only other advantage the 930 has is the processer but tbh dual core still is fast enough and again I am sure come next year their will be even faster processors in wp's than the snapdragon 800.

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, 930 is simply dull. Both 1520 and 1020 are much more interesting handsets.
About SoC - unless you are playing games on your phone dualcore S4 is more than enough.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not worry about games and things like that. This phone would be like a secondary device used more to take pictures. I'm comparing it with galaxy zoom s4 (it free on a two year contract). Currently I'm using a galaxy note 3.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you add now use Google contacts and calendar on windows phone? I remember back it used to that you couldn't.

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Go for it. The amount of quality features you get with the price can't be beaten. As stated before, the hw power doesn't matter as every game on WP works the same on 1020 than icon. 1020 has that personal, unique look. I think it will remain such. The camera quality this phone has is amazing. Nothing to complain here, been using the phone for 3 weeks only tho.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk for wp

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I pulled the trigger and got me a 1020, I was able to find new for 97 cents in one of the local wally world. I'll try it for a couple of days and see how it goes.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, 930 is simply dull. Both 1520 and 1020 are much more interesting handsets.
About SoC - unless you are playing games on your phone dualcore S4 is more than enough.

The DSP which comes with the Snap 8xx series is very potent which would improve both image and sound quality .. its not all about opening apps :)

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If you can get a 64gb version, you'll be happier. 1020 is made for photography in mind. Raw (dng) files (heavy) is what you want the camera to produce.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism