Random power down / reboot issues - revisited

unternull

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I get the same issue on my 1520, 1020 and 925. For some reason 8.1 makes it completely unstable, It randomly reboots constantly and sometimes wont even power on to the point where I have to do the reset trick.

laosole

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry but this is a the worst bug that a mobile device can have. This issue is been there for some time now for Nokia devices. I have changed the device twice but the problem still exists which means is a software problem. In the Net there are many unsatisfied buyers
I would personally never recommend nokia for doctors because this is the most unreliable mobile due to this issue. I will get rid off mine 1020 and I will go for Samsung ATIV as I love win mob.

MarkusV

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
My phone has now worked almost 3 days without reboot and actually battery consumption has gone down. There is still over a day left in the battery so it's going to last around 3 days with one charge. Before it went to the repair battery lasted 1 day barely. So something is different. I think they have some different version of WP 8.0 in the repair which they uploaded to my phone.

I noticed that almost all the Nokia software's are old in that version but it's not saying in the store that there is updates on those but if you search for those software's I can update those so I don't know.

MarkusV

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I actually spoked too soon. When Sunday turned in to night and i was going to bed i noticed a familiar blue screen on my phone.. rebooot. So i think i will test the phone few days and send it back to the repair.

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I actually spoked too soon. When Sunday turned in to night and i was going to bed i noticed a familiar blue screen on my phone.. rebooot. So i think i will test the phone few days and send it back to the repair.

Damn, so not even a repair fixed it? So can we then assume that its not hardware related? The repair shop at least would be able to detect a hardware defect? That's why they "updated" the software, because there wasn't any thing wrong with the hardware? Hmm... strange that my girlfriend and others do not have this issue with their 1020's if it is software. Maybe if you send it in again they'll give you a new device/refurbished?

MarkusV

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It's starting to seem that it is really a software problem. I was thinking that i will wait the 8.1 upgrade and see if that helps. If not i will send it back and hope that they will give me a new phone.

Damn, so not even a repair fixed it? So can we then assume that its not hardware related? The repair shop at least would be able to detect a hardware defect? That's why they "updated" the software, because there wasn't any thing wrong with the hardware? Hmm... strange that my girlfriend and others do not have this issue with their 1020's if it is software. Maybe if you send it in again they'll give you a new device/refurbished?

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
No idea if this is the actual problem but.
I had these problems, mostly noticable because my alarms didnt work in the mornings, and the phone just froze + stopped charging.. which SUCKS....

I did a hard reset which seemed to fix it, no problems for a few weeks. Then, I installed skype and boom, next morning the phone had frozen again.

Uninstalled skype, so far no problems (one week, usually this would happen every 2-3 days when charging overnight.
Skype "not allowed" through battery saver, ill open it myself if i need it :p

Rocking newest dev preview, but also happened a few times on wp8/black

Anyone else getting the same results ?

w00cash1020

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I even twitted to Nokia Care about it and they just keep saying "Thanks for your patience, we will get back to you" since like 15th may. I'm pretty sure they don't give a s&*t.

MarkusV

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone to 8.1 preview. now the phone is crashing on a black screen.. so it's no waking up. I have to do soft reset (volume down + power button) but i noticed really interesting thing. The phone crashes few hours after i plug it in for charging. Even if it's on the charger only for a second. That one i noticed because i just bought wireless charging covers and fatboy pad. I put the phone on the fatboy just a second so that i heard the charging sound and took it off and put it on the table. I took a look at the phone few hours after that and it had crashed so the problem is related to the charging.

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Tried troubleshooting everything on 8 and 8.1. Nothing stopped the issue of shutting down every day or two. Sent my phone to nokia last week and explained everything I've tried. I'll be pretty upset if all they do is reload the software as I explained to them that I did that several times already through the phone reset menu and with the nokia recovery tool.

w00cash1020

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
All they keep saying is "pls send it again for repair" Told them to **** off now and if 8.1 doesnt fix it Im going back to android.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I had my Lumia 1020 for about 4 hours from new before loading 8.1 Preview.

I had lots of problems which mainly consisted of multiple reboots at very frequent intervals which pretty much rendered the phone unusable.

I decided to go back to 8.0 using Nokia recovery. All was well but on an off chance I decided to immediately do the 8.1 update again, hoping that it may have been the previous upgrade procedure that upset the whole thing before.

I was right. My 1020 is rock solid on 8.1 now, and I even got the only app I was upset about not having today, namely Whatsapp.

If I can assist anyone with any details please drop me a line.

Kind regards.

This was a month ago... how has your experience been so far after doing this?

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so what I did was used the Nokia recovery tool. It put me back to 8.0. I turned battery saver off for a couple days and let the battery cycle a few times. I re- installed 8.1. I've been running it this way for weeks and haven't had an issue. So something fixed it...

MarkusV

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I did the same thing, used recovery tool to install 8.0 back and then installed 8.1 and the crashing seems to be stopped. Phone has been running now 4 days and crashed only 1 time. So i'm hopefull...

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Tried troubleshooting everything on 8 and 8.1. Nothing stopped the issue of shutting down every day or two. Sent my phone to nokia last week and explained everything I've tried. I'll be pretty upset if all they do is reload the software as I explained to them that I did that several times already through the phone reset menu and with the nokia recovery tool.

A follow up: I got my phone back from Nokia and it hasn't shut down in a week. They replaced the screen, case, and maybe the system board too. The camera bump is the same one, so it's not an entirely new phone. The screen had a few knicks and a small crack at the bottom and the case had a dent or two at the corners. I'm a happy Nokia customer again.

MarkusV

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Installed official wp 8.1 version to my phone couple days ago and seems to be crashing still so i think i will send my phone back to repair next week.

Turanga06

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me twice the random reboots in my L1020. Never happened before with Black (8.0 and 8.1 DP), I think Cyan is the guilty. I installed Cyan and then hard reset to start from scratch, and it has rebooted twice now. I try the Glance reintallation thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05