Texting Issue - "UY" Showing Up After Texting?

Glenn Stuparyk

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I wonder if someone might be able to help me with this strange problem. My brother has the Lumia 1020 and he said about 3 days ago (when it started) after every text he sends the letters "UY" shows up after he sends his texts. Everyone who receives his texts are asking him what he means by that and he's not sure what is happening.
I looked online but can't find anything that would be causing this issue and I couldn't find anything in my settings on my Lumia 920 that would cause this either. Anyone have any ideas?

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
A very unusual issue. I checked if there is any feature like "Signature" similar to emails but I didn't find one. I can only suggest a soft reset.

Can you provide a few more details if you don't mind?

Is your brother running WP8.1?
Which carrier is he on?
Does this occur for each text he sends or only when he crosses/nears the 160 characters mark?

Glenn Stuparyk

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
HI,

He is not on WP8.1, just Windows 8, we are on the Rogers network and it occurs after every text regardless of the characters. He has also done a soft reset and it still there. I did a search online for what "UY" stands for and it means "Up Yours" in the texting world, lol, he needs to get it fixed. The only other thing I can think of is for him to do a factory reset if I can't find another solution.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
HI,

He is not on WP8.1, just Windows 8, we are on the Rogers network and it occurs after every text regardless of the characters. He has also done a soft reset and it still there. I did a search online for what "UY" stands for and it means "Up Yours" in the texting world, lol, he needs to get it fixed. The only other thing I can think of is for him to do a factory reset if I can't find another solution.

Sorry for the late reply. This seems to be a very strange issue. I am not able to get an idea of what could be the cause of the problem since you and your brother are on the same carrier and also that your brother is running WP8 which is quite a stable version.

Were you able to resolve this?

Glenn Stuparyk

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
No we still haven't been able to fix this issue. We even went through all his settings again today and they all matched mine on my phone so I'm thinking it is a problem with Rogers (maybe his texting account needs to be reset) so I told him to call them to find out. He's ready to jump ship and go back to iPhone...I will NEVER leave Windows Phone, best phone I have ever had.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
No we still haven't been able to fix this issue. We even went through all his settings again today and they all matched mine on my phone so I'm thinking it is a problem with Rogers (maybe his texting account needs to be reset) so I told him to call them to find out. He's ready to jump ship and go back to iPhone...I will NEVER leave Windows Phone, best phone I have ever had.

I'm a Rogers customer with a 1020 and never had that when I was on 8.0 or now with 8.1. I would hard reset my phone if I were him.

As an aside, I always laugh when somebody wants to jump ship over something as trivial as this. Especially considering your friend in all likelihood did something to have this problem in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro