Nokia 1020 won't turn on or charge, reset keys don't do anything either

nopnop

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've tried charging my Nokia 1020 for 8 hours with no luck. After that I tried the 2 key and 3 key reset with no luck as well. I tried to plug it up to my computer but I got nothing there either. I am getting no indication that its charging and I'm starting to think I'm out of options. Is there anything else I can try? This just basically happened out of the blue, I turned it off and now it doesn't want to come back on at all :(

nopnop

May 31, 2014
Visit site
hey, thanks for the reply, that didn't seem to recognize it either. I got to the part where it asked to plug it in and it never found it. Tried restart PC but nothing. I guess I'll have to take it to the store tomorrow and see what they say. I wonder what would have happened to cause this =(

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hey, thanks for the reply, that didn't seem to recognize it either. I got to the part where it asked to plug it in and it never found it. Tried restart PC but nothing. I guess I'll have to take it to the store tomorrow and see what they say. I wonder what would have happened to cause this =(

Have you tried a different cable to make sure that the one you're using isn't bad?

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if this would help but remember having a lumia 800 that went dead....
after Google i found suggestions that battery was totally depleted,and recommend connection to a pc usb port for 24hrs and not the supplied charger sure enough in the night the phone came back to life😊 some of the recommends also suggested warming the device up with a hair dryer etc ,but i was wary and i never did that. Good luck getting your device back up & running 👌

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You might try a soft then if that doesn't work a hard reset. Do you regularly let the phone sit with a dead battery for a while? With modern batteries that will destroy a battery quick.

Andrea Boggan

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
The dead phone download thingy worked!

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU! The dead phone thing worked! OMG, I was sick. I am a nurse and this phone is my life line to work, I was ready to run down the road screaming! I don't know what the hell happened to the phone. It was working just fine last night, and this morning it was dead and wouldn't charge or start. Sick, SICK, I felt sick! This program found my phone and it is now charging. Again, thank you whoever you are for sharing this download!

Andrea

ankitgupta1020

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I do have the same problem,My phone's screen is stuck on Glance screen Showing 22:37 and no matter what key combination i use to reset the phone stays as it is,it doesnt even vibrate!
And one more thing,When i see my 1020's stucked on glance screen(Showing 22:77,42 hours before i wrote this)
on a pitch dark environment,i can see a lot of dots on the screen.If you got the problem sorted out,Please help me!
13988197_1066656400048678_7716485521369128910_o.jpg

ankitgupta1020

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: The dead phone download thingy worked!

What worked?I'm facing the same issue please help me ,its stuck on the glance screen from 40 hours,the clock isnt moving,the phone is not responding to any buttons,Hard reset or soft reset Doesnt work,The WDRT isnt recognising the phone is connected..
On very dark surroundings i can see a lot of dots on the screen,Dont know whats that about
The phone is completely dead,its just that its screen is not turned off!
Please help me getting it back!13988197_1066656400048678_7716485521369128910_o.jpg

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Please say what you've tried. Occasionally I've had my 1020 stuck on Glance screen and usually what fixes it is a soft reset. You do this by pressing and holding volume down and the power button until the phone vibrates.

mohamedhassaneg

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
me too
i have the same issue with my lumia 1020
i connect it to change at night but on morning if found it dead "Not starting , Not charging" and also failed to force restart it
i bring it to my local nokia partner but they say that there is no replacement parts available for it so they refused to accept its maintenance
i don't know what i can do for it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon