Can't Unlock My Lumia 1020

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey

I just got a lumia 1020 locked to Rogers network, I now tried 2 different unlocking sites and both have failed to give me an unlock code. I am pretty sure that I have given the correct imei code as I had another person verify the number I gave.

What should I do?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep, so I can't unlock my phone until 90 days after being with Rogers, though I don't have to put a cent on my account, the phone just needs to sit there for 90 days................

Has anyone heard of rebel sim pro or turbo sim, would they work with my lumia 1020, I hear you can buy stuff to trick the lock check.

I am running out of ideas, my next idea is to throw the lumia 1020 in a closet for 90 days and buy a cheap andriod phone and use it till Rogers will unlock but I don't want to use Android but all the other windows phones are too expensive, or do not work on Wind or are locked as well.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
So I guess I'm not the only one. I earlier had a 920 that is just sitting idle with the same issue - not able to unlock it. I recently bought a 1020 and this too has the same issue. While I knew this could happen while buying the 1020, I thought to myself what are the chances of the same thing happening twice? I suppose I won the lottery twice. Worst part is I bought the 1020 used so might not even be able to go the Rogers route. this sucks. :(

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
So I guess I'm not the only one. I earlier had a 920 that is just sitting idle with the same issue - not able to unlock it. I recently bought a 1020 and this too has the same issue. While I knew this could happen while buying the 1020, I thought to myself what are the chances of the same thing happening twice? I suppose I won the lottery twice. Worst part is I bought the 1020 used so might not even be able to go the Rogers route. this sucks. :(

When did you buy it? Do you know manufacturer date? Apparently a refresh will happen before end of June, I know mine was made in start of May so maybe just maybe it will be on the list, the unlockers told me that eventually it should make it into the database.

With your 920 did you just try once and give up or what did you do?

You should be able to go the Rogers route but your in the same boat as me and have to wait 90 days, you have to go and get it on their network and let it sit there.

They have to do it after the 90 days as it states in the wireless code : "to have your phone unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if you paid in full for your phone"

So once it is on their network and as long as it is been over 90 days and of course locked to Rogers they have to do it, It's just how it is written even though you paid in full for the device it's not counted as such as you did not pay them in full what is so lame.

If for some reason everything fails for me, then I am going to sell the phone and go with Android, Even though I like Windows Phone alot and prefer it over Android but, if Microsoft is going to be so dumb and lock all these phones, not support networks like wind and be higher priced then they leave me no choice but to leave.

For me getting my monthly bill down vs having a windows phone is more important. With Android I can get the "One Plus One" or Nexus 5 both unlocked for half the price of paying for a locked lumia 1020 on one of the most expensive providers in Canada.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
When did you buy it? Do you know manufacturer date? Apparently a refresh will happen before end of June, I know mine was made in start of May so maybe just maybe it will be on the list, the unlockers told me that eventually it should make it into the database.

With your 920 did you just try once and give up or what did you do?

You should be able to go the Rogers route but your in the same boat as me and have to wait 90 days, you have to go and get it on their network and let it sit there.

They have to do it after the 90 days as it states in the wireless code : "to have your phone unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if you paid in full for your phone"

So once it is on their network and as long as it is been over 90 days and of course locked to Rogers they have to do it, It's just how it is written even though you paid in full for the device it's not counted as such as you did not pay them in full what is so lame.

If for some reason everything fails for me, then I am going to sell the phone and go with Android, Even though I like Windows Phone alot and prefer it over Android but, if Microsoft is going to be so dumb and lock all these phones, not support networks like wind and be higher priced then they leave me no choice but to leave.

For me getting my monthly bill down vs having a windows phone is more important. With Android I can get the "One Plus One" or Nexus 5 both unlocked for half the price of paying for a locked lumia 1020 on one of the most expensive providers in Canada.

I bought my 920 used from a guy who bought it full price from a Microsoft Store. He even gave me the receipt. I had it unlocked, everything was fine for a few months until I developed some issues. I then sent it to Nokia for repair and the second time I sent it back, they gave me a different phone (different IMEI). That's when I couldn't unlock it. Tried multiple times with multiple sites, all came back not found. Rogers was willing to unlock it immediately, but they wanted proof of purchase (receipt) which I can't find. I'm guessing the 920 came back not found over and over because it never registered with Rogers as their device. I even had a friend use it on Fido for over a month in the hope that it might work.

Now the 1020 has no receipt. I bought it still thinking what are the chances of having two phones with the same issue, but I guess sh*t happens. I just hope yer right, and the unlocking for the 1020 works out. My 1020 batch is 14/2014 so older than yours and the guy I bought it from said he got it as an upgrade about a month ago. I hate to say it, but I think this is also going to remain a paperweight unless I shift to Fido. Sucks.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 920 used from a guy who bought it full price from a Microsoft Store. He even gave me the receipt. I had it unlocked, everything was fine for a few months until I developed some issues. I then sent it to Nokia for repair and the second time I sent it back, they gave me a different phone (different IMEI). That's when I couldn't unlock it. Tried multiple times with multiple sites, all came back not found. Rogers was willing to unlock it immediately, but they wanted proof of purchase (receipt) which I can't find. I'm guessing the 920 came back not found over and over because it never registered with Rogers as their device. I even had a friend use it on Fido for over a month in the hope that it might work.

Now the 1020 has no receipt. I bought it still thinking what are the chances of having two phones with the same issue, but I guess sh*t happens. I just hope yer right, and the unlocking for the 1020 works out. My 1020 batch is 14/2014 so older than yours and the guy I bought it from said he got it as an upgrade about a month ago. I hate to say it, but I think this is also going to remain a paperweight unless I shift to Fido. Sucks.

hmm, this is concerning, I would think your would be able to unlock now. Hope it works out for you and for myself as well like I said this might push me away from Windows Phones........

I don't understand why it would not make it to into the database though. Rogers has gotten worse though, I came in with proof that I bought and they still would not let unlock till 90 days....I will wait for 90 days but after that if it is not unlocked by then I will switch and that will be the end of me getting Windows Phones.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
just thought i'd provide an update: Tried the following sites so far with no luck
unlockcodesource.com
cellunlocker.net
mobileincanada.com

next up unlockthatphone.com and then unlock.canadagsm.ca but I don't expect anything good. this sucks.

silkychoco 2013

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey

I just got a lumia 1020 locked to Rogers network, I now tried 2 different unlocking sites and both have failed to give me an unlock code. I am pretty sure that I have given the correct imei code as I had another person verify the number I gave.

What should I do?

To unlock your Nokia 1020, use unlock code . You can get it from any of the online vendors like SuperUnlockCodes.com to unlock your Nokia Lumia 1020 from Rogers network .

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I had my new 920 locked to Rogers unlocked within 15 minutes from unlockthatphone. They had charged $13 at that time. This was last year in April though, still rocking it on T-Mobile :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa