WP7 To WP8 (Lumia 1020)

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey

I am in the process of moving my stuff over from a lumia 800 to a lumi 1020. I noticed that the Peoples Hub is different now. I hooked up my live account to my lumia 1020 and all my contacts came over but I noticed 2 things

1) All the facebook linking is gone (maybe this is because I have not hooked up facebook and maybe it will appear when I do)
2) All my groups I made and missing, I just have my contacts.

With point 2 someone pointed me to http://people.live.com/ and after looking there I see that no groups exist. Do they not get synced? It seems like in the People.Live.com it has all the facebook linking as well.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey

I am in the process of moving my stuff over from a lumia 800 to a lumi 1020. I noticed that the Peoples Hub is different now. I hooked up my live account to my lumia 1020 and all my contacts came over but I noticed 2 things

1) All the facebook linking is gone (maybe this is because I have not hooked up facebook and maybe it will appear when I do)
2) All my groups I made and missing, I just have my contacts.

With point 2 someone pointed me to http://people.live.com/ and after looking there I see that no groups exist. Do they not get synced? It seems like in the People.Live.com it has all the facebook linking as well.

Not sure about the groups thing but have you signed into Facebook on your 1020 yet? I'd imagine the linking should sync over if you've got your contacts in OneDrive. If your 1020 is on WP8.1, you need to install Facebook first before contacts "integrate" and link with each other in the OS

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Not sure about the groups thing but have you signed into Facebook on your 1020 yet? I'd imagine the linking should sync over if you've got your contacts in OneDrive. If your 1020 is on WP8.1, you need to install Facebook first before contacts "integrate" and link with each other in the OS
Is 8.1 released? I thought just developer release right now. My contacts seem to be in the people.live.com, it seems they got many contact things so not sure how to setup OneDrive contacts and if it is better or not.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Contacts on people.live.com are basically on OneDrive.

Sign into Facebook on your phone first, and see if the contacts link up by themselves. And WP8.1 hasn't officially been released yet, it's just that your can choose to jump on the developer preview program if you want

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett