Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Improvement?

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I am going to buy a 1020 on eBay (Nokia Singapore ran out of 1020s). But from what I've read, I am a little bit worried that 1020 won't get new camera algorithm from Cyan? Does it mean the camera will not receive any improvements anymore?

How about the yellow tint issue? Has it been fixed yet? With and without operating flash?

Thanks guys, your help is really appreciated.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not aware of the faults you mention in my own 1020. Nothing is perfect however, and if you wait for a perfect phone you'll be waiting for ever. Buy a 1020 while it's still available to buy!☺

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I am going to buy a 1020 on eBay (Nokia Singapore ran out of 1020s). But from what I've read, I am a little bit worried that 1020 won't get new camera algorithm from Cyan? Does it mean the camera will not receive any improvements anymore?

How about the yellow tint issue? Has it been fixed yet? With and without operating flash?

Thanks guys, your help is really appreciated.
These problems are still there and worse than ever in my gf's 1020, especially since the latest updates. Her camera won't even focus anymore. She bought this phone for the camera and now is very disappointed that it's unusable. She's had all bad phones from Nokia and windows phone, so she just jumped ship to iOS. But it works so much better for her, so that's all that matters really.

TurtleSpeedX

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've read about the yellow tint issue as well, this issue was stated long before the black update.
Well i bought my 1020 one week ago. I shot a lot of photos outside and inside, never had any yellow tint issues. I think they fixed it with the black update (?). But then again, now there is the Cyan update already available.

Oh, and i love the camera, i have never shot such amazing and fantastic photographs. Of course i showed my friends and family members a few pictures, needless to say they were all very impressed. Even a friend of mine who owns a DSLR admitted that the 1020 produces fantastic pictures for such a small device.

About the guy above me, i think his girlfriend just was unlucky that she received a broken camera, that can happen to anybody and any phone brand. Bad luck :/

I also recommend you the photo/video thread here, although i know a place were you can find about 2000 amateur/professional photographs, shot with the 1020, "flickr lumia pool" -google search-
There you can see many fantastic photographs, flickr helped me a lot to make my decision even clearer to buy a 1020. My reason why i bought the 1020, was just the camera.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
About the guy above me, i think his girlfriend just was unlucky that she received a broken camera, that can happen to anybody and any phone brand. Bad luck :/

The weird thing is that it worked perfectly up until she updated to 8.1. Once she did that the beautiful pix became horrid. It would take amazing photos and videos until then. I've seen other forums (mainly on Nokia's forums) where many, many people are experiencing this same exact issue. So do a lot of research before you buy one.

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not aware of the faults you mention in my own 1020. Nothing is perfect however, and if you wait for a perfect phone you'll be waiting for ever. Buy a 1020 while it's still available to buy!☺

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

That's a relieve to hear. Do you use flash in low light conditions? How does the pictures turn out?

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I've read about the yellow tint issue as well, this issue was stated long before the black update.
Well i bought my 1020 one week ago. I shot a lot of photos outside and inside, never had any yellow tint issues. I think they fixed it with the black update (?). But then again, now there is the Cyan update already available.

Oh, and i love the camera, i have never shot such amazing and fantastic photographs. Of course i showed my friends and family members a few pictures, needless to say they were all very impressed. Even a friend of mine who owns a DSLR admitted that the 1020 produces fantastic pictures for such a small device.

I also recommend you the photo/video thread here, although i know a place were you can find about 2000 amateur/professional photographs, shot with the 1020, "flickr lumia pool" -google search-
There you can see many fantastic photographs, flickr helped me a lot to make my decision even clearer to buy a 1020. My reason why i bought the 1020, was just the camera.

But the Cyan update is said to only improve 930 and 1520's camera algorithm, does that mean the 1020 will not receive a new camera algorithm?

That's great to hear that you are doing great with the new camera. I wanted to buy this phone because of the camera too. My friend is suggesting me the 930, but I've fell in love too deep with this phone :)

Have your 1020 received the Cyan update? And do you shoot with flash in low light conditions? How do the pictures turn out?

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The weird thing is that it worked perfectly up until she updated to 8.1. Once she did that the beautiful pix became horrid. It would take amazing photos and videos until then. I've seen other forums (mainly on Nokia's forums) where many, many people are experiencing this same exact issue. So do a lot of research before you buy one.

Is the phone still under warranty? This is bad and you need to contact Nokia regarding this issue. Nokia is great with their service (here in Singapore)

gowcoizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site

Yeah but the bad luck is compensated by replacing the brick you selled. Not turning back on customer and keeping his money. Huge difference, this makes huge difference between the brands.

Wrote via dsappointed Nokia user (future exuser)

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but the bad luck is compensated by replacing the brick you selled. Not turning back on customer and keeping his money. Huge difference, this makes huge difference between the brands.

Wrote via dsappointed Nokia user (future exuser)

Ferengi rule of acquisition #1. Once you have their money, never give it back!

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Is the phone still under warranty? This is bad and you need to contact Nokia regarding this issue. Nokia is great with their service (here in Singapore)

Unfortunately, no. But we are still going to get it checked and see the cost for a repair. Great phone when it worked, would love to have it working again.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Did you/she revert it back to 8.0?
I have a lumia 1020 with 8.1 Update 1 and photos are as good as they have always been.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Go look at the sticky at the top of the 1020 forum of Pictures from the 1020. Tell me if you see anything massively wrong with them. ;)

If yours are drastically different than those, there's a few options. Could simply be understanding and using the right camera settings. You may benefit from a hard reset (probably wouldn't restore from a backup, either). Lastly, you have a defective device and should get it exchanged.

FWIW, I have 8.1 Update 1 (Black Firmware) on my 1020. Pictures look same as before the update.

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Go look at the sticky at the top of the 1020 forum of Pictures from the 1020. Tell me if you see anything massively wrong with them. ;)

Nothing massively wrong of course, what could go that wrong with 1020? ;) But I still think it should be better (saturation, speed etc). I am kinda a perfection-freak, I hope to have all the latest update available for my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes