should I sell my 1020 (now having a 930)...?

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I am happy owner of a lumia 1020 since december 2013. I bought it (live everyone else) because of the camera and it is still fantastic! But unfortunately I always had random freezes... When I was on 8.0, I did not noticed the "freezes" just because the phone always restarted by itself and yea, they were annoying but I could live with them (and they were very rare). But after 8.1 came out (preview), the freezes indeed caused a freeze of my phone. Only a soft reset helped NOTHING else! I thought, I had them because of the preview and I waited patiently for cyan (since it's an official update and may the firmware updated some drivers (maybe black was incompatible with 8.1 and caused the freezes?)) but no, after cyan came out and even with 8.1 GDR1. the freezing did not stop.

At some point I nearly was forced to switch, because the best phone has no sense if it is not reliable. Sometimes the alarm did not ring or I missed calls and messages... You can't immagine how many hard resets I did (probably 40-50).

Now since 1 week, I am a happy owner of a Lumia 930. Except for the camera (which on the 1020 is still top), everything works perfekt. no lags, good battery, perfect screen, fast processor,... But know I came to the point, where I have to decide to keep the "old" 1020 or sell it (now or never). As accessories I have a camera grip and the wireless charging shell. My pro and cons no are: or keeping the phone and use it as a camera (is the difference between 930 and 1020 worth it?) or to sell it and get at least a few hundred bucks now...?

What do you think should I do?

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Lumia 1020 nearly a year now.... It's been no trouble at all... No freezes and all....i think u should keep 1020 as spare ..i doubt I will ever sell It after 1030 is announched....these phones are master pieces....i still have my pure view 808 brand new

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you've done several hard resets and it still freezes it sounds like its faulty and even though its camera is excellent you'd be better off getting rid of it unless you are ok with it freezing while its being used occasionally.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
If you've done several hard resets and it still freezes it sounds like its faulty and even though its camera is excellent you'd be better off getting rid of it unless you are ok with it freezing while its being used occasionally.

2nd this

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Try not to install anything first after a hard reset. Install apps one at a time and observe.

I was about to bring back my phone to the seller when it was overheating on standby. I told myself, one more hard reset and if it heats up again without me doing anything I'll return my phone. The overheating never happened again. I wasn't able to pinpoint the app that's causing the problem but I'm sure I don't have it anymore because my phone is very stable right now.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
2 options... Get a replacement 1020 or if your going to use the 930 and only keep the 1020 for a camera then why not roll back to 8.0 that way it wont freeze and you will have an updated 930 😊

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much all!

Do you think the difference of the cam (930 vs 1020) is worth it to keep it/carry it as second device? (I mean, when I want good photos and I want carry a camera, is the 1020 enough or then better taking the dslr? Lets say if I had a poor cam (instead of 930) the 1020 would be a good compromise between bad and dslr but having the 930 I am afraid, the 1020s advantage isn't good enough anymore :-o

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Your 930 is actually your secondary device if your talking about camera. Of course dslr is still better than 1020 but it's the convenience of having a close-to-dslr camera in your pocket. I strongly suggest you keep it and since you have a 930 you can have majority of your apps there and minimize apps installed on your 1020. That way you might be able to avoid apps or background processes that could be causing the freezing.

You can't just sell a phone that's still on top for its main feature c'mon.

Raiven21

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi the random freezes could be due to software. Google search random freezes on lumia 1020. Find the one from microsoft answers
There is a fix coming :) , if this is your issue.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
There will be a fix coming to get rid of those freeze and reboots on 1020 and 925. Looking forward to it.

I sold my 930 after two months of owning it and went back to my Lumia 1020.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about selling my 1020 too. Absolutely loathe to let the missus or our daughter have it. Both have a terrible record of dropping phones and I would be pretty peeved if they ended up breaking the thing.

Raiven21

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
hmmmmm what made you sell your 930? im actually getting a white 1020 just now. Have a white lumia 900 and lumia 620 also

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
hmmmmm what made you sell your 930? im actually getting a white 1020 just now. Have a white lumia 900 and lumia 620 also

Although a beautiful device, it's warm when I'm using it. Gets warmest when I browse through IE. I don't play games on it.

The AMOLED is a beautiful display, but it just doesn't scroll smoothly like the 1020. Battery hogger too with the full HD resolution. The extra 20% battery increase doesn't make it last longer than my 1020.

Finally, the camera. And you know the 1020 rules in this area regardless of anything else you use. Poisoned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss