Internet Sharing completely gone after cyan update on TMobile

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
:/ hope this problem get solved at Denim. If don't, I will use os Black until i change my phone to 1030 and will never buy a phone with an att logo again..

It won't be solved with any firmware, heck this has been the case since Amber, probably even before that. The Foreign SIM trick was a great find and it has been working for some of us on Cyan but not necessarily everyone. So don't keep your hopes high, my 2?

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know where I would go about getting a foreign SIM, but I'll look around (someone wanna mail me one when they're done using it? Lol). Are you guys sure this is a problem with cyan and not an issue on the tmobile side? Has anyone who has this issue after getting cyan on an att 1020 downgraded back to before cyan and gotten internet sharing back on tmobile?

(OT the mobile site won't let me move the cursor is even select words so when I need to edit something, I had to delete everything after it. So frustrating. This happen for anyone else? That "is"after cursor above is supposed to be "or". And yes I do usually use the app, but the website redesigns for wpc, the verge, and wmpu have really annoying little bugs, especially the verge. Sorry for all the OT talk.)

mjoey77

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been on the phone with Nokia, T-mobile, and ATT. they all blame each other for this issue, finally the Nokia support tech told me that ATT has proprietary software that prevents the mobile hotspot from working properly and that there is nothing that can be done to fix it. I hope he is wrong.

Paul Park1

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
It won't be solved with any firmware, heck this has been the case since Amber, probably even before that. The Foreign SIM trick was a great find and it has been working for some of us on Cyan but not necessarily everyone. So don't keep your hopes high, my 2?

Since it worked fine at black 8.1dp, it is possible to get solved with firmwares.
If its not solved at denim,I will just give up and go for other Windows phone.

Paul Park1

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been on the phone with Nokia, T-mobile, and ATT. they all blame each other for this issue, finally the Nokia support tech told me that ATT has proprietary software that prevents the mobile hotspot from working properly and that there is nothing that can be done to fix it. I hope he is wrong.

If you later get the denim update and figure out that this problem is solved, plz notify it on this discussion.i hope they fix this :(

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It is not the problem with T-Mo site because the foreign SIM trick was working with my unlocked ATT 1020 on T-Mo right before Cyan, and stopped right after.

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile told me it was their system that kicked my phone off after my plan changed because it realized my phone was not a tmobile one, but then again reps aren't always too knowledgeable.

matteni

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my cyan ATT 1020 back to 8.0 and want to update to 8.1 Black (no Cyan). I ordered a UK SIM on Amazon and my goal is to have the same setup as you.

Can you tell / point me in the direction of how to do that?

I have and am familiar with
NaviFirmPlus
Nokia_Care_Suite

Thank you

matteni

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
OK - I lost internet sharing on my ATT 1020 after Cyan. Tried developer edition of latest 8.1.1 (no luck).

Fiddled some more and got it to work!

Bad news is it will not stick on reboot so be warned.

OK tested this twice. Takes about 5 minutes and you will revert on a full reboot but all in all - better than not having sharing.

Here are the exact steps. At no point do you have to reboot.

1) Replace current T-Mobile SIM with foreign SIM (I have prepaid Orange UK card off Amazon)
2) Go to access point and pick a foreign access point
3) Go to airplane mode
4) Go to date/time settings and take off automatic and set year to 2112 or something big
5) Go to access point (it will ask to uninstall or buy - uninstall)
6) Swap in T-Mobile SIM
8) Setup date/time back to automatic
9) Go to Cellular and turn data connection ON (will ask to go out of airplane mode)
10) Turn on internet sharing (It works!)

I tested it and I have full LTE speeds.

If you reboot you will need to:
1) Install Access Point again
2) Repeat steps 1-10 above

Please confirm if you are on Cyan with a AT&T branded 1020

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work for me. My L1020 has OS version 8.10.14219.341.

When I eject the SIM tray, my phone reboots. There is no way I can stop it. So in the later step where I insert the T-Mobile card back in, the phone reboots again.

matteni

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear your phone reboots on SIM removal. I have confirmed this procedure works many times and I also have the exact same OS version.

I am not sure if there is a way to stop auto reboot on SIM removal and can't test because I don't have that happening.

This works so well for me now I keep the SIM and the removal tool inside my case for anywhere retrieval. Hopefully you can figure out / stop the reboot.

travelr64

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I did this using a prepaid sim from Claro Brasil. It did work, thanks. Just a couple things. When I went to Access Point the 2nd time, the Claro network showed as "active"so I just left it alone. Also upon switching back to my Consumer Cellular sim, I had to go back to access point and activate the Consumer Cellular network as ATT was active. I have been pulling my hair out over this for months and finally a solution, thanks again. :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss