Discontinued wireless charging shell case for 1020 - help!!!

Aleksandar Toplek

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
If anyone can get one for reasonable price. I would pay for the case and shipping + some amount for the work done. I just don't understand how can they just discontinue products after a year and a half. What's with the contracts and all. They didn't even offer alternative phone in that range, they just given up from 1020. :/

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I went to amazon and bought one of the micro usb qi charging recievers and taped it in my soft gel case... Works like a charm, no hacking or modding other than tapping it down and folding the cord to fit...Tried to post a link but I am new here so I wasnt allowed... I got it for like $7 or 8 plus the soft case was like $5... Just make sure to get the right plug orientation for your phone which for the 1020 is narrow side up :smile:

wingson

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my third case myself. First two were amazon USA though they were 49.99 and in stock now. Third I bought from ms store for 25. I'm hoping they stand behind it. Wireless charging is a must.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
can you take some photos for us please?

And how fast does it charge? is it slower than the original one?

WP_20141029_002.jpgV__FE01.jpg

As far as charging time goes, I assume its as fast as regular Qi charging .... I think it took a little over 4hrs to charge my phone sitting on my desk while almost completely drained.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
No, because it needs to use the micro USB port to charge, and the camera grip also uses it. So I'm afraid its one OR the other... I only bring or use my grip when I know for certain I will be snapping alot of pics

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find one of these things now? Keen to do the wireless charging mod to my Speck case, and I can't find the wireless charging case anywhere online. Willing to pay shopping costs and all (if it's not too expensive)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss