Denim update causing slow webpage loads

Midi_Amp

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if most of you already got the Denim update for the 1020? At first I thought my 1020 has the faux Denim update, but I have the live folders and apps corner per the update. When I bought the phone, I just updates incessantly without reading the descriptions.

Some webpages loads quite slow on the Denim update. I thought the update supposed to speed up mobile webpages? Mobile websites which uses a fancy navigation like joystiq.com loads quite slow and incomplete. Also, some pictures load slower than what I expected on desktop mode, and I'm using wi-fi for connection. Is it normal?

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Denim update isn't out yet. Only 730,735 and 830 have preloaded denim. The live folder and app corner features are available to those who got the DP 8.1.1

Midi_Amp

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Denim update isn't out yet. Only 730,735 and 830 have preloaded denim. The live folder and app corner features are available to those who got the DP 8.1.1
Don't we need preview for developer app for that? I bought the phone, and as always, did a hard reset with the physical buttons. There's an update prompt and I just tap yes each time. What kind of indication that a phone has the real Denim update? I have the VPN and snooze alarm too.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Again the same confusion. Denim is a firmware. GDR1 is an OS update.

If you have live folders on a 1020 without having installed Dev Preview, then you have GDR1 (OS, 8.1.1 if you want), but not necessarily Denim.

Folks with a 930 have received lately, GDR1 officially, with a minor update to the firmware (which remains Cyan at this stage).

In "about" in your settings, could you tell us what you see in 'more info' : all the lines up to "screen resolution" (after that it's specific to your 1020 and it's better not to publish them here).

EDIT: Oh and BTW, in extra+infos, could you share your "manufacturer name", "mobile operator", "core build" and "build creation date"?

Midi_Amp

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Again the same confusion. Denim is a firmware. GDR1 is an OS update.

If you have live folders on a 1020 without having installed Dev Preview, then you have GDR1 (OS, 8.1.1 if you want), but not necessarily Denim.

Folks with a 930 have received lately, GDR1 officially, with a minor update to the firmware (which remains Cyan at this stage).

In "about" in your settings, could you tell us what you see in 'more info' : all the lines up to "screen resolution" (after that it's specific to your 1020 and it's better not to publish them here).

EDIT: Oh and BTW, in extra+infos, could you share your "manufacturer name", "mobile operator", "core build" and "build creation date"?
Here you go...

OS Version: 8.10.14176.243
Firmware: 3051.50009.1424.0016
Hardware: 4.4.0.2
Radio: 3.2.04059.1
CHIP soc: 8960
Screen: 768x1280

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Here you go...

OS Version: 8.10.14176.243
Firmware: 3051.50009.1424.0016
Hardware: 4.4.0.2
Radio: 3.2.04059.1
CHIP soc: 8960
Screen: 768x1280

8.10.14176.243 is the latest DP Version. I got the same. you got DP 8.1.1 , that's why you have the live folders features.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
But thanks to recent extras+info update every phone shows denim.

So, can't rely on extras+info

I read somewhere that when you first open extras+info after updating, it will show "Lumia Denim", but when you exit and reopen it, it will show "Lumia Cyan" again. Mine is showing "Lumia Cyan" as usual.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Your FW looks like Cyan, but you have GDR1. You don't have Dev Preview right?

What's your manufacturer/mobile operator in extra+info?

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
is it safe to install GDR1 on lumia 530 i am getting an update notification since i just enrolled to PFD,just wanted to know if there is any battery performance hit.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
When you update the OS, my advice is to unplug the phone before : the device shouldn't be charging DURING the update. Most of those who have battery issues had kept their device plugged when upgrading; this may cause a de-calibration of the battery.

Just charge it to 100%, un plug the device and apply any update (PfD or GDR1 when it's rolled out officially).

Midi_Amp

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Your FW looks like Cyan, but you have GDR1. You don't have Dev Preview right?

What's your manufacturer/mobile operator in extra+info?
I don't have it on this phone, but had it on my previous phone (520), is it possible that the developer preview migrates to the new phone? I might try another hard reset to clear out the confusion and try msirapian suggestion to update without plugging the phone (might improve battery?).

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that when you first open extras+info after updating, it will show "Lumia Denim", but when you exit and reopen it, it will show "Lumia Cyan" again. Mine is showing "Lumia Cyan" as usual.
Verizon is behind even on this :)) I still have Black on 928
(I know Verizon has nothing to do with this, its MS error. Just saying)

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Hmm? Though I don't live in the US, but as far as I know, firmware availability depends much on carriers, isn't it? :/ MS give the firmware, carriers tweaks it, then release it... So, it is Verizon's fault, I think?

Also, I've heard that Verizon is giving crappy support for Windows Phone, especially the 928 and the *cough* Icon. :p

Midi_Amp

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I just did a hard reset with the physical buttons, lo and behold, I have the folders, apps corner and everything... I forgot to mention that I bought the phone used in Singapore (I live in Indonesia). Does this mean the previous owner installed developer preview? So how do I remove it completely and go to the clean Windows Phone 8 image?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Use nokia recovery tool, it will flash the lastest known ROM for your hardware product code.

According to the FW number you gave, it looks like the APAC SG variant, so I kind of knew it was from Singapore ^_^

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Its not MS or Nokia's problem. Its the US carriers. There is something like 90% availability of Cyan everywhere in the world except the US. In the US only AT&T and unbranded phones have Cyan. For some reason T-Mobile and Verizon are dragging their feet about this. Fortunately if you have a T-Mobile phone that AT&T also has (like the 925) you can use Nokia recovery tool to use the AT&T version apparently. Unfortunately since Verizon is CDMA it requires Verizon exclusive phones and firmware to run on their network. So us Verizon users are screwed. Also the T-Mobile exclusives like the 521 are screwed as well. I personally have had enough and am switching to AT&T over the weekend. I have my 1520.3 ordered and on the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism