Camera auto focus issues

davegore

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
hope anyone can help, for some reason today when i opened up my camera to take a few shots it had problem auto focusing on items close to me, as you know when you tap the screen to focus on a point in the screen you get the circle and a small beep to let you know it's focusing ok, it seemed to have problems getting to this point and there was an audible high pitched buzzing or clicking sound coming from the lens itself and the screen image would not come into focus

the phone has not been dropped or roughly handled so i am 100% sure it's not an issue caused by being knocked, i have tried a reset and a reboot but the issue still remains, also i have done no recent updates and there are none showing so that's not the issue either

any help appreciated

Dave

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try with the built in camera app and not the nokia one. the camera app seems to focus better then nokia camera can. I think there must be some huge bugs with nokia camera and the 1020. Its like they don't even take the 1020 into consideration anymore.

davegore

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Nokia camera app, but even when using one of the app store camera apps it still seems to have the same issues

Dave

Saldatoccio

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Same issues here... I did a hard reset and then autofocus back to work again, but as soon as the Lumia Camera app got updated the autofocus stopped working for the 2nd time. :-( Lumia 830

123kiwi

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
hi, how did you resolve the problem ?

my lumia 830 was working perfectly until 2 days go, when the camera stopped focusing no matter what app i use, it focuses for a second and then another second goes out of focus, the "tap to focus" is not working at all, it's like it wants to focus but can't (everything is on auto settings, cause i don't even know how to use manual settings).
i've tried resetting the phone to facotry settings, reinstalling the apps, tried using the build-in microsoft camera, but nothing helps, i don't know what happened cause i didn't drop the phone or anything :/

rudranil

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I believe it was a hardware issue as I could not resolve it with soft/ hard resets, using other camera apps etc. I ended up going to a Microsoft Store and getting a replacement. They immediately replaced it with a brand new one with no question asked as it was still under one year warranty.

Jefferson0506

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I had the same focus problem with the 1020. And I finally gave in. I'm done. I had taken pics on two separate occasions, and almost every single picture was out of focus. If you're taking a picture in anything but daytime light and medium depth, it's agonizing. So many pictures wasted. I've dropped the Windows phone entirely and gone back to Samsung. Got my S6, and couldn't be happier, not to mention being back in an Android app store again. Would never buy a Nokia or Windows phone again.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine is more and more having problems with autofocus, switching the camera on and off usually sorts it. But by then the shot is long gone. I'm also finding that the Lumia app isn't taking good shots, they often look dark. My phone is over 2yrs old, so out of warranty.

siegfried giltay

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
no matter what Microsoft says, this is a doa issue so even if your phone is out of warranty it was a hardware related problem out of the factory.
The camera module cannot be opened and its 100 % resistant agains moisture and dust so out from the factory they made a assembly mistake. Sew them! I'm gonna!

Kyle Duimel

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue, definitely not because it is on Macro mode or because the lens is unclean.
It seems like a software issue. I previously had a similar issue, when i completed a system issue the focus problem seemed to fix itself. But after a few weeks the problem reared its head again.
It is a real pain as it makes the camera virtually useless.

It is odd as the camera at the front takes great pictures.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My macro setting seems to have vanished :s Manual focus works fine, but sometimes you just want to point and click.
Edited to add, I see Microsoft Camera has a close up mode, but thought Lumia had one too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros