Nokia Lumia 1020 Screen Blackout

NJSK23

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

New here. I am having what seems to be a major issue with my Nokia Lumia 1020 screen. It started last night when I put the phone down on my counter. I noticed that a small green line (like a laser) shooting across the middle of the phone. Low and behold, a black giant circle started creeping into the top left corner down on the phone. It looks like ink running down the phone. The next morning, almost 75% of the screen was covered in this black shroud. Now, it's complete black.

I had a place down the street from me see if it was the connection from the phone to the LCD screen that was lose for some reason but it was fine. They said it was most likely due to pressure from being in my pocket or something on the screen.

Has anyone had this issue before and if so, what was your solution? I am at the point with this phone (even though I do love it) that I wouldn't pay $250 to get it replaced properly.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to WP and the 1020 forum.☺

It sounds like all or part of the display assembly has failed....but if a full diagnosis has not been made, how do you know that it would cost $250 to repair?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss