Good aftermarket screen replacement for Lumia 1020?

Jmh89

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I recently had the dissatisfaction of cracking the screen on my 1020 for the first time ever on any phone. I started using my old Verizon lumia 822 for temporary, but I couldn't get used to the photo's poor quality.... So I ordered a replacement screen on ebay. The add claimed OEM replacement screen. I bought one with the digitizer, cause I tried separating the digitizer from the glass, and ruined it. Long story short, the new screen fits fairly well into the phone and now I can use my 'camera with phone capabilities' again.
BUT, the screen quality is a BIG issue. First, it was overly dark, so I manually adjusted the screen brightness to help. But the colors lack clarity, and there's too much contrast (really dark blacks, odd color highlights) In general, it doesn't look very good, and makes on screen photos look really dark & bland. (on a computer, they look much better)
The touch screen works good, didn't have any issues there.

Does anyone know of a particular screen that is supposed to be high quality? And where would it be purchased at? I'm just hoping to help someone else out before they receive a cheapo after spending $167. (and for future reference if I break it again)

Jmh89

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Whoa, that's cheap to get someone to replace it! That's about what my screen (and digitizer) in itself cost!!!

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is...I also had them replace the housing as well...had a couple annoying scratches that I had from a previous drop:)....Just can't come around to using a case, but I probably should...lol

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Search my screen replacement post. I did it myself and it was easy. The screen is just like the original except a blue haze color when the screen is off. But once activated its just like the original.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, its so easy to replace a screen the extra money is not worth it for a complete phone. If you were swapping out an iPhone screen yeah, buy a new phone. its like an hr process. The screen swap in a 1020 is literally a 10 min process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3