Why isn't my Windows phone being recognized by my/any PC?

Ayman Guandique

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My windows phone is not being recognized by my/any pc.

I need some help here. I have a Lumia 1020 and like two months ago it just stopped being recognized by my pc for syncing it. I tried connecting it to a mac and another pc and it is not recognized. I reset my phone but that didn't work. I'm using the original cable but it does not work. Any help?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: My windows phone is not being recognized by my/any pc.

try using another cable?

i hate to make it seem that simple, but give it a shot. also try adding pressure, LIGHT PRESSURE, toward the front or back. It could be that the connector in the phone is not being hit right. Symptom of a bad cable or the pins in the phone.

Ayman Guandique

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

I already tried using a different cable and it wasn't successful, once I applied pressure and get it to work (like one month ago) but now it doesn't. I think it might be the pins of my phone.

aventus

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like a defective connector if it suddenly stopped working. Are other devices recognized using the same cable and usb connector? Does the lumia start charging at all?

Ayman Guandique

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like a defective connector if it suddenly stopped working. Are other devices recognized using the same cable and usb connector? Does the lumia start charging at all?

I haven't tried connecting other device with the same cable (I'll try that) and yes, when I connect my lumia it starts charging but it doesn't get recognized by my/any pc to sync.

aventus

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

You can also try to turn the phone off completely while connected to the computer. It should then power up again since it's being charged. You can also check the device manager in windows to see if there are any driver related problems.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Try deleting the drive files from the PC.... When you connect the phone it will re-download them again. It may be a missing file so I would give that a chance

Ayman Guandique

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Try deleting the drive files from the PC.... When you connect the phone it will re-download them again. It may be a missing file so I would give that a chance

You can also try to turn the phone off completely while connected to the computer. It should then power up again since it's being charged. You can also check the device manager in windows to see if there are any driver related problems.

I checked my device manager and there's nothing related to windows phone, so how can I delete the drives for reinstalling them again the next time I connect my phone?

Vaibhav S

Banned
Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

open device manager,click 'view' at the top and check 'show hidden devices' then click on universal serial bus controllers and you will see the Lumia 620 driver,uninstall it.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I've tried everything, sometimes it just pops to "My computer" and I can try to view the phones file system, but then it just quits. After several usb-cable reconnects it can sometimes be seen in Device manager (in Windows 7) but then it just disappears. I've tried at least five different usb data cables (not the ones that is only for charging) and several computers. Always the same case. I will send my 1020 to service tomorrow, I'll report here if something comes up.

Dhanaraj Babanagar

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Had same problem on my L1320, try unmounting the memorycard and connect the phone. Mine worked with this method. Issue with memory card

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I've tried everything, sometimes it just pops to "My computer" and I can try to view the phones file system, but then it just quits. After several usb-cable reconnects it can sometimes be seen in Device manager (in Windows 7) but then it just disappears. I've tried at least five different usb data cables (not the ones that is only for charging) and several computers. Always the same case. I will send my 1020 to service tomorrow, I'll report here if something comes up.

Warranty service fixed some hw problems and it's now working like it should. So it wasn't a sw problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99