1020 survives full dunk!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am happy to report that my 1020 is still working perfectly after suffering a fall into my toilet bowl last Thursday evening. The device was fully submerged for 2-3 seconds, and that's sufficient detail. Feared the worst; but, an immediate, full towel wipe to get most water off, and a minute-or-so low-temp/high speed hair-blower treatment was all I used. Initially, the power button malfunctioned in that I got the "slide down to power off" slider with only a quick power-button touch: that only lasted a few minutes, and I only used the button twice at the time and didn't touch it overnight. Tiny water droplets (and very few) seemed to linger after the towel treatment; I focused the hair-blower treatment there: in the narrow slot by the front speaker, and by the power and/or volume button openings.

Great Microsoft/Nokia/Chinese-factory build! This is one tight device, with highly reliable components. A shout out too, to the Empire KLIX case it was in, and which I removed immediately. I have detected no screen, phone, nor camera effects at all, and everything was working fine by the next morning. Reinforces my admiration of this fine instrument. Next time I'll try dry-cleaning? :wink:

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
hah, great story, am glad it made it! it's funny you mention this, as i just yesterday attached a neck lanyard to my new 1020, as i tend to keep it in my top shirt pocket and was paranoid that it could fall out as i am bending down, beit at the toilet bowl, or just in general, so i now look like a member of the press to some extent, just in my own home :)

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
1020 is quite robust actually, I bought my 1020 mainly for photography, and just like every photographers enemy-weather. I have been using this on every event I also drop it on the mud and I literally chucked it in the water to remove the dirt. But the thing is the screen is shattered after a waist level drop but it is still functioning I also soak it with isopropyl alcohol for a near second to remove oil ont he screen, I know its brutal. I hope they make the new 1030 a waterproof phone because lets face it its a camera phone and it must be an all weather device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb