Why is there no Lumia camera 5 for 1020?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: why is there no lumia camera 5 for 1020 :(

Do you know what they did to change it? Was it over on xda or something? Thought I had seen something in a comments thread on an article but then couldn't find it anymore.

Might not mind a message if someone in this thread would like to send it over ;)

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you know what they did to change it? Was it over on xda or something? Thought I had seen something in a comments thread on an article but then couldn't find it anymore.

Might not mind a message if someone in this thread would like to send it over ;)

Though I don't know what was exactly done, but by examining and deploying both .xap files (ProShot and Camera360 Sight), I think that the person who did the hack actually tinkered with Lumia Camera 5.0 .appx leaked onto the internet and applied the patch to .xaps for both popular camera apps.

I need someone to verify: Does anybody here have Lumia Camera 5.0 with full Denim? If so, please deploy the .xap and the sideloaded app should replace Lumia Camera's entry in the list of default apps, if I am correct.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I found a patched .xap file for ProShot that has the launch-from-camera-button functionality, which can be deployed to dev-unlocked phones using the free Microsoft tool. I don't know if I can post it here.

Hope you are not breaking the developers rice bowl by distributing a patched xap file.

Think before you act.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hope you are not breaking the developers rice bowl by distributing a patched xap file.

Think before you act.

Thankfully he didn't post it here. It is likely against forum rules. If you wanted to find something on the internet though, you could.

As for the subject at hand, it's an interesting topic. From what I've read, the dev has expressed interest simply from the standpoint of figuring out how the change was made and if there are ways to make it easier (hopefully for the paying customers, I presume).

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if i am missing something. Is it the Lumia Camera you are talking about, in the screenshot below from my lumia 1020?
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150422_0013.jpg
    wp_ss_20150422_0013.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 12

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if i am missing something. Is it the Lumia Camera you are talking about, in the screenshot below from my lumia 1020?
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

If you look at the "about" screen for Lumia Camera I think you'll find it is version 4 on your device.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thankfully he didn't post it here. It is likely against forum rules. If you wanted to find something on the internet though, you could.

As for the subject at hand, it's an interesting topic. From what I've read, the dev has expressed interest simply from the standpoint of figuring out how the change was made and if there are ways to make it easier (hopefully for the paying customers, I presume).

I actually contacted the dev of the ProShot app and asked him if he could make that patched .xap available for download legally from the Store. He said he didn't exactly know what was changed and he tried to contact the hacker who did it but didn't get a reply, so he won't make it official, yet.

If you've already paid for the official Store ProShot app (which I have done) and just want to be able to launch it from the camera button, the patched .xap works great. No money lost by the developer. :)

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I followed the directions in the PM all I get is "This company app cannot be installed"............ :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb