A Bit of Fun.....

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Was looking for a way to mount my Nokia 1020 to my bike so I could use Apps to monitor my progress. One of the downsides was that the options available to buy didnt incorporate the 1020s camera grip to enhance the extra battery power.

I decided to design one myself and print it off - Here's the result which works a great ☺

1020 cycle.jpg

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice idea I always like to see how other adapt mounts to make their phones more useable, great job and please post more photos if possible.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - I have only had a 3d printer for 5 months, but like designing useful bits and bobs ☺

So how's the 3d printer you have working out, easy to use or does it take lots of practice and what brand and size did you get. What is the costs to purchase one and operation materials. Sounds like a fun thing to learn to use.

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So how's the 3d printer you have working out, easy to use or does it take lots of practice and what brand and size did you get. What is the costs to purchase one and operation materials. Sounds like a fun thing to learn to use.

3d printers are great when they are working, but hours can be wasted trying to find out what is wrong when they dont print correctly - usually down to blocked nozzle or incorrect height from print bed. It takes a bit of getting familiar with as there are so many variables to get right, but if you like tinkering, they are a great pastime, but patience is required. I purchased an Ordbot Hadron as it uses Arduino for programming as I am already familiar with arduino with building quadcopters and multi rotors.

The 1020 adaptor cost approx 20p in plastic to make, which is a bonus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb