Why won't my Lumia 1020 sync with my computer?

Jace Hall-Stanger

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 won't sync with computer

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (obviously) and I'm trying to upload all my photos to my computer because I have a lot and I need more space on my phone.
I have a refurbished HP Elitebook 8440p that runs on an Intel i7 processor and Windows 7 (Professional, I think.)
I've tried using multiple USB cables to plug my phone into the computer, and in each of the USB ports, but the computer just doesn't recognize the phone at all- I get no message telling me it's connected and when I look at the devices connected, my phone is not one of them, but my phone does say that it's charging when plugged into the computer, so the cables and USB ports are functional. I also use the cables for charging and the USB ports for flash drives, etc, so I know they all work too.
I tried downloading "Windows Phone app for desktop" from the Windows Phone website, but when I open the app and plug in my phone, it still says "plug in your phone to see what's on it."
Does anybody know what's wrong? Or how to fix it?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 won't sync with computer

Have you installed lumia software recovery tool or windows phone recovery tool in your computer ?
If so try removing both the softwares and restarting your computer and then try connecting your phone.
This seems to be a problem with the USB driver.

nickisverygood

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Probably you are having a hardware problem. My L1020 had the same symptoms as yours and after I have the usb replaced all went all right.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (obviously) and I'm trying to upload all my photos to my computer because I have a lot and I need more space on my phone.
I have a refurbished HP Elitebook 8440p that runs on an Intel i7 processor and Windows 7 (Professional, I think.)
I've tried using multiple USB cables to plug my phone into the computer, and in each of the USB ports, but the computer just doesn't recognize the phone at all- I get no message telling me it's connected and when I look at the devices connected, my phone is not one of them, but my phone does say that it's charging when plugged into the computer, so the cables and USB ports are functional. I also use the cables for charging and the USB ports for flash drives, etc, so I know they all work too.
I tried downloading "Windows Phone app for desktop" from the Windows Phone website, but when I open the app and plug in my phone, it still says "plug in your phone to see what's on it."
Does anybody know what's wrong? Or how to fix it?
Ok here is a fix which can actually work.
The problem with your computer is that it doesn't recognise your Lumia device which can be due to various reasons such as the correct drivers for your device not installed! Or drivers that are installed are corrupted .
FIX : open Device manager in your PC/Laptop >View menu>Show hidden devices>Universal serial bus devices.
Now you should see your phone litsted when you click this option. Right click on them and uninstall them. By doing this you are unjnstalling the drivers from your Pc.
Now connect your phone to your PC and it should start installing the drivers again. This should fix the issue

Fix 2: Shut down your phone and then connect your phone to your PC. Drivers will automatically load and it should fix the issue
Fix 3 : Download the nokia usb connectivity driver and install it. http://nokia-connectivity-usb-driver.en.lo4d.com/

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Having the exact same issue as you OP. I tried multiple USBs and every solution that I have come across. I have no idea what the cause of this issue is.

Could it be an issue with Cyan? My phone connected to my PC properly when I first purchased it over a year ago. But it has not properly connected since I updated it to Cyan.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem and it was a faulty hardware on the phone's side.

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem and it was a faulty hardware on the phone's side.

Did you end up getting a new 1020? I'm on my second one now, but looks like I will probably need a third (although the phone is way past warranty now...). My first 1020 literally got bricked because of faulty hardware and now it looks like this one is almost just as useless as it's impossible to sync to my PC (I can't developer unlock the phone or transfer all my pictures).

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Did you end up getting a new 1020? I'm on my second one now, but looks like I will probably need a third (although the phone is way past warranty now...). My first 1020 literally got bricked because of faulty hardware and now it looks like this one is almost just as useless as it's impossible to sync to my PC (I can't developer unlock the phone or transfer all my pictures).

Not new but a lot of parts were changed. Even the back cover. Looks like new though but it's the same phone.

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I see. My phone probably needs some parts replaced too. Did you take it to a Microsoft store?

lumia01

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.
I tested the Lumia 1020 in 30 different windows 7 computers, can't recognize. I tested it in Mac and Linux too, no improvement.
I tried downloading and installing your Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.5.0 and as I'm installing it, it stopped:

"Setup failed

0x800b0101 - A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

So what's the next step?

I bought the Lumia 1020 so I can get the RAW DNG files, how will I get it now?
I can't USE BLUETOOTH to transfer Videos, for every 1 minute of 720p video file it took me 7 minutes to transfer in Bluetooth. So a 10 minute video will take you more than an hour to transfer. I need to use a cable and the 1020 is always failing to get recognized. Please help. Thanks.

J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786