Nokia 1020 Unable to find a Bootable Option

Kelsey Juraschka

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
On thurday morning I got tried to restart my 1020 and got a screen that says: Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to continue.

Things I have tried so far:
1. Soft/hard key resets - The nokia logo comes up but I can't get the exclamation mark to appear when I press the keys.
2. Windows Phone Recovery Tool - I click my phone was not detected and get it goes to the trying to find a connection page, but never connects.
3. Nokia software updater for retailer - it detects my phone and downloads, but then when I go to install it says "This device is not supported by nokia software updater for retail"
4. Nokia care suite - product support tool for store - product not supported.

Any help is appreciated. Ps I am in Canada and on bell, with an unlocked nokia lumina 1020, RM-875.
Also an electrical engineer so if anyone has slightly more technically intensive options apart from the software tools I have tried I am open to them too!

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Follow these steps using the product support tool for store:
1) With the phone disconnected from the PC, select the "open product" in the menu
2) Search your phone on that list and select it.
3) Select programming - recover
4) Select the firmware (you must have it downloaded already in %programdata%/Nokia/Packages/YOUR-MODEL) and click on start.
5) Wait until it ask you to reconnect the phone, do it and select retry.
6) Click on accept on the prompt that appears and wait.

After that, your phone should be working again.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Software Recovery Tool is my suggestion, although you probably tried that too or I'm confusing it with the WP Recovery.

Well, first I'd contact support to see what they say since you might get lucky.

If that fails, I'd get a donor 1020 and replace the main board I guess.

Kelsey Juraschka

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Marcos,
When I follow the steps you outlined, I get the following error after I reconnect my phone. 0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device.

Where did you download your firmware from? I have been trying to use the one I downloaded via the nokia software updater for retail

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue too with my phone - it just appeared one day when I pulled my phone out of my pocket last week. I tried everything - soft reset, hard reset, charging it up and then trying a specific key combination to format the entire thing, using NSRT and LSRT for Retail to flash new firmware on, with no success. Luckily in NZ, the 1020 has a 24 month warranty(?!!) so I just sent it in for repair. Shame because it's a lovely phone, but it's had so many issues lately.

I did read somewhere this error usually pops up when it's a logic board or flash memory fault, so basically, it's a hardware problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)