Why do I get the error code 805a8011 when accessing Windows Store, can't back up my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

805a8011 when accessing Windows Store, can't back up my phone

Hi,

I have a Lumia 1020. Recently it's started giving me a error code 805a8011 when I tried to access the Store, I think I was low on space for a few days. I've freed up about 2 Gigs of space, but I still get the 805a8011 when I tried to access the store, I did a soft reset, but it didn't fix it. I was going to do a hard reset, but I looked at my backups and see that it hasn't done one in 8 months!

I've tried to backup now five or six times with no success. It gets near the end and says that it failed, try again. It says my backups are using 293MB/130MB on OneDrive. I don't understand what this message means, I have tens of Gigs available on OneDrive. Also, I'm on Wifi and I'm hoping all these backups are using that and not my cell network. My wife recent ran into a scenario that her iPhone's backups were killing our cellphone data plan.

-Eric

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: 805a8011 when accessing Windows Store, can't back up my phone

Apparently I posted this without logging in, I'm surprised this website would allow a non-registered user to post. I forgot to specify in my post, but I'm using Windows 8.1 on the developer preview, I think it's update 1.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think this is probably due to a sync error caused by the low amount of space you previously had. Try to sync your Microsoft account manually:
1. Head on to ?Settings?
2. Go to ?email+accounts?
3. Tap and hold on the ?Microsoft account? option
4. Tap on ?synchronize?

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I didn't see a synchronize option in the Microsoft account, but it's automatically been synchronizing my Microsoft Email just fine. It's the backups and Store that aren't working.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

No, you need to tap and hold the Microsoft account option and the option synchronize will appear. This is not just for your email it's for everything related to your Microsoft account. Apparently something's wrong with the auto sync and a manual sync might fix this.

You could also try to go to settings -> back-up -> apps & settings -> manage back-ups -> remove
And then make a new back-up and restore from this. Are you sure it says
293MB/130MB? Mine says 130GB.

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

You're right it's 294Meg/130GB. I tried doing the Microsoft account sync like you say, it worked. However, I was able to backup my phone by turning off App Backup.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Did the manual sync fix the error in the Windows Store? At least you have a back-up now and can try a hard reset if needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos