Nokia Lumia 1020 unable to find bootable option. What can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 1020 Unable to find bootable option

Having major issues with my cellphone. I havent used my cellphone for like 6months now due to the fact that it says "ERROR: Unable to find bootable option: press any key to turn off" this happens every time it turns on, The other issue is that no PC will connect with it, I have tried different cords etc. Its a Nokia Lumia 1020. what can I do???? Pleeeeeease help

Reg_82

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 Unable to find bootable option

Same issue here just happenned to me on my 1020, i was on 10512 Insider Preview.
Had an error after unlocking my phone asking me to restart it.
After restart i have the same message: Erro: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down.
Soft reset does not help, and hard reset with key combination seems not to be working as well ...
I've also tried Windows Phone Recovery Tool, but couldn't connect ...

I keep on searching, if i find a way to get it running again, i'll let you know ...

anon(9226130)

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

So I have an idea. Something happened with my 520 like this but not at all. (Recovery Tool doesn't recognized my phone) Try to connect your phone to PC and start the Recovery Tool and click on "My phone is not recognized" and click on the "Lumia Phone" button. And start the process. You got am error so restart your phone with the Volume down + power button. (Don't do hard reset) So do it a lot time while your phone is get recognized. (Sorry for my English) This worked for me.

Reg_82

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your helps Mark, unfortunatly it didn't help.

I have found a threat on Microsoft Community where they are saying that the motherboard could have died ...

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

In case you did not try the following combination to reset, try it: hold all of these buttons together: Camera + Power + Volume down - until the phone shuts down/restarts

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I think this is the same problem I had about three months ago. I tried loads of stuff, including the software Microsoft asks you to download (Windows Phone Recovery Tool?).

I'm afraid it is likely it is the motherboard. I had to send mine in for repair - http://techsupport.a-novo.co.uk/Repair-Booking - the good news is it was easy to do and quick as well.

Ironically since I got mine back I noticed it won't be recognised by any laptop or device I connect it to, so I'm having to send it back. Not sure if it's related...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This happened to my L1020 almost 6 months ago. The ONLY solution that worked for me is to bring the L1020 to a service center and have them repair it. However, due to the in-availability of replacement parts in my country, I had to wait for 90 days before I could get my L1020 back - but it was in almost pristine condition. Mine can be recognized by my PC after the repair.

This has been discussed elsewhere in the forums as well. No amount of button combinations, PC connections, magnetic therapies, uncooked-rice-in-a-bag techniques and exorcisms would fix a corrupted and damaged phone main board. :wink:

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro