16mp for lumia 1020

Mohd Fadyllah

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I really miss my lumia 1020. I let it go during wp8 time cause i need to create android apps for my work. But i know a lot of change since that with 8.1 and now 10. My main question is do the camera speed improve? If not, is there any new option allow 1020 to take 5mp+16mp and gain better performance?

Thanks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no, there are no new options available. And for that matter Windows Camera doesn't even give you any kind of options (and Lumia Camera is being discontinued). However, judging by the fact that if you change it to 5mp only and it still takes 4 seconds between shots, I would say even if there was 5mp+16mp option it would not provide any kind of performance gain. Really what we need is a new Lumia 1050 with a high-end chip with 50mp camera :)

With that being said, ProShot does allow you to choose different mp options although again I'm not sure there's much improvement in speed. It's really because there's not a dedicated chip to handle the big sensor.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no, there are no new options available. And for that matter Windows Camera doesn't even give you any kind of options (and Lumia Camera is being discontinued). However, judging by the fact that if you change it to 5mp only and it still takes 4 seconds between shots, I would say even if there was 5mp+16mp option it would not provide any kind of performance gain. Really what we need is a new Lumia 1050 with a high-end chip with 50mp camera :)

With that being said, ProShot does allow you to choose different mp options although again I'm not sure there's much improvement in speed. It's really because there's not a dedicated chip to handle the big sensor.

yep, it would not change anything in terms of the speed capturing a photo. the 1020 always takes a 41 MP photo (because that's the size of it's sensor) and then downsamples it to 5 MP. It could only be faster if there was no downsampling at all (like on W10 mobile and the Windows camera at the moment)

Mohd Fadyllah

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
U mean in wp10 lumia 1020 take faster pic?

I read these;
lumiaconversations.microsoft.com/2015/09/04/streamlining-the-photo-experience-in-windows/

Please share some info ur updated 1020

Thanks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly.

Yes, the downsampling does take up time to take a shot (approximately 4 seconds using Lumia Camera). Since Lumia Camera is being replaced by Windows Camera and it does not do downsampling, theoretically it should be slightly faster. However, you are still taking 41mp and having to run it through a processor that technically cannot handle 41mp (Nokia had to help write the instruction set to handle it).

It's still going to be slow and in the case of Windows Camera, although I haven't measured it, is only slightly faster at about 3 seconds between shots, but it is also still in beta and performs differently than Lumia Camera. You do have full resolution shots, but it's just.... odd. You would have to try it yourself to see what I mean. Really just wait for the official Windows 10 Mobile to come out and then see how it performs.

Either way, I'm waiting for a 1050 :)

Although I'll probably end up getting the 950 XL when it's released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa