1020 / 2016

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I had to revert yet again too. I lost mail, sms, and other functionality on w10 10581. 8.1 is just smooth and polished on the 1020. I do love w10m, its an awesome OS, but it needs some time to get the bugs ironed out for the older handsets.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If you have constant issues with L1020 running WM10 preview, you just need to reset 2 times and it will run smoothly. Steps as per below:
1)User insider to install WM10.
2) Setup as a new phone
3) After all the apps are automatically updated, reset the phone
4) Again after all the apps are automatically updated, reset the phone.

It worked perfectly for me.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
If you have constant issues with L1020 running WM10 preview, you just need to reset 2 times and it will run smoothly. Steps as per below:
1)User insider to install WM10.
2) Setup as a new phone
3) After all the apps are automatically updated, reset the phone
4) Again after all the apps are automatically updated, reset the phone.

It worked perfectly for me.

Soft or hard reset ?

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Still using my 1020, I love it but the battery is not as good as it once was (3-4 sot) and my screen is falling off (its currently taped down). I love the camera and how durably the phone is. I had the screen replaced at a cell phone repair shop because it was cracked and whatever glue they used is not holding after a year.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
They do not use glue to hold it in place, there is a locking mechanism inside the phone to hold the screen, maybe your glass is separating from the digitizer.

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
They do not use glue to hold it in place, there is a locking mechanism inside the phone to hold the screen, maybe your glass is separating from the digitizer.
Oh I did not know that. Yeah then the locking mechanism is broken. Yes only the screen is coming off, the digitizer is not.

DarkSK17a

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I can't afford to upgrade at the moment. Also any other camera (phone) seems like a downgrade, although I have felt the photo quality of my phone is slipping lately and its slowness in capturing images is frustrating. But financially I have to stick with it.
Not sure about W10, I am happy with 8 and not convinced of the benefits of 10, plus I worry about it causing problems with my phone.
Totally agree. If I don't have raw files in w10, I don't need upgrade.

Regards.

lunta

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1020 is nothing exceptional, except the camera. I love the camera. Yes, it is slow to focus, slow to store, but I still prefer one really good photo instead of many crappy ones. And god, the photos are good, better than any other camera phone, better than most quality compact cameras. All 41 megapixels makes photos so sharp and in low light the bright lens and huge physical sensor size captures lots of light resulting impressive night photos. Lumia Camera is a great app, manual controls are placed really clever and are easy to operate, better than in "real" cameras, where there are too much buttons and menus simply to adjust color balance, ISO or EV.

I had no plans to move away from 1020, but now when it is not anymore in production and there is no successor coming I had an idea to maybe save my 1020 for photography purposes only and maybe get something cheaper phone to carry with me as a daily driver. Accidents do happen, although I try to be really careful with my 1020, much more careful than with my previous phones. I would hate to loose this phone, well, there are always used phones for sale, but nobody knows how they were treated, maybe the warranty is out, etc.

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
W10 on 1020 is running alright, viewing\sending photos took the biggest hit for me.. Taking a picture then trying to view it right after in my photos collection takes forever for it to show up there plus attaching a picture to text is hit and miss. Also today for the last few hours randomly the color of the text on my lock screen turns red. Never had that happen before.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I will be using my 1020 for at least half of next year, no current plans to upgrade or change. Stepping down from 41MP to 20MP is going to be a challenge!

It's still a solid and reliable device. I enjoy using it, it's unique even 2/3 years after being announced, it's bold (I have the yellow), it's camera is astounding, and it has personal significance - I won this device, through Nokia, in an online competition and so it's kinda a trophy. I have no reason to change, and while the 950 series does look appealing (and likely to be my next device, unless I hold on 'til a 960) I do very much like my little yellow friend with the insanely huge camera.

...I just called it a friend - I think I'll stop typing here.

UPDATE: Somewhat contrary to my previous intentions, I'm now using a 950XL. My 'trophy' 1020 is living in a box with the intention of it being the handset of choice when it comes to photography - though I have to admit, the 950XL's camera is more practical in terms of speed and features. Still an amazing phone, perhaps my all-time favourite (although my 950XL is phenomenal too)

Last edited:

francis zver

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I will be using my 1020 for at least half of next year, no current plans to upgrade or change. Stepping down from 41MP to 20MP is going to be a challenge!

It's still a solid and reliable device. I enjoy using it, it's unique even 2/3 years after being announced, it's bold (I have the yellow), it's camera is astounding, and it has personal significance - I won this device, through Nokia, in an online competition and so it's kinda a trophy. I have no reason to change, and while the 950 series does look appealing (and likely to be my next device, unless I hold on 'til a 960) I do very much like my little yellow friend with the insanely huge camera.

I tried to go to 20MP.... around October. Then at Halloween I missed the 1020.... I returned the 20MP phone. Just wasn't ready yet.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I share some of your sentiment, also was going to win my phone in a regional competition but Nokia Europe refused to send me my prize (lumia 1020) and instead sent me 820 which I sold without a thought and got the 1020

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 is still going strong since launch. Yeah the camera is slow, but I am willing to compromise convenience for quality.

Although my contract is up, I wont be upgrading yet. I admit that I do browse the web in hope of a new leak that points to a new lumia camera flagship / 1020 successor. *sigh*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786