Redstone on the 1020

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
If you got extras with text similar to "Windows 10....." then you got to reset device. Then disable app auto update from store app.
Before deploying apps you need to register device with Tools/Phone registration.
Then proceed with nokiapoweruser article "Windows 10 Mobile Build 14376 can be installed on older Lumias using the Hack. Working Configurations."

You first deploy one app to unlock device and then deploy other app to fake your device model. Write down your current registry values.
On 1020 i used 8.0 sdk.

scalatoreluigi

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I think you have to have an old account in windows insider to upgrade with windows insider. (please say to me if It is true) I had issue when I tried with my new account and I had to use the old one

scalatoreluigi

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
No, but I as wrote previously I see little changes in the design menu of Glance in the last build. And after a second It crashes

Last edited:

Ayniee

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I was looking for a discussion about win10m for Lumia 1020 and I bumped into this. Im not very familiar with everything here since this phone is originally my mom's. I just wanted to ask, what's Redstone and insiders preview? I badly wanted to upgrade my phone to win10m since I guess the apps are more up-to-date. :(

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I was looking for a discussion about win10m for Lumia 1020 and I bumped into this. Im not very familiar with everything here since this phone is originally my mom's. I just wanted to ask, what's Redstone and insiders preview? I badly wanted to upgrade my phone to win10m since I guess the apps are more up-to-date. :(
Redstone is the latest version of Windows 10, due for public release as the "Anniversary Update" on August 2.

Insider Preview is the thing you can enroll in and get prerelease builds of Windows 10 before the public gets them. http://insider.windows.com/

Lumia 1020 was deemed too old/slow for official Windows 10, but it can be enrolled in Insider. Unfortunately even with Insider it can't get Redstone, thus the purpose of this thread.

scalatoreluigi

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes. You simply have to be in 10568 then deploy vcreg and customfpd, change registry as write in the guide in the first post. then you install windows insider and check for update. I think you have to have an old account registered in insider, I had issue with a new one: didn't find update. Only change the account, find the update. Tell me if I'm wrong

Kartic Kaushal

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
hello, everyone

latest build runnig pretty good. recently facing one problem with Camera!
the new Skype Preview UWP app, is causing errors in camera, if installed on device. Even am not able to do video calling nor able to use Camera, separately.
Lastly had to delete it. After unistalling Skype, Camera working all fine.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the new panorama mode in MS Camera will ever work on the 1020. Surely this would not work without special optimization because of the huge amount of data from the 41 MP sensor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel