Windows 10 - Skype?

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone running Windows 10 mobile on their 1020 been able to get Skype Video to work? It basically says no camera whenever I try and run it and then locks out access to the camera from any other app until I reset the phone... I understand there won't be much in the way of a fix, I am just curious if it is just my phone or an issue with the 1020's running Windows 10 Mobile in general?!

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I even went through a full recovery and upgrade again and then reset..still the same issue. I also notice there is no camera option in the translate app either. All the camera apps I use work fine though... Weird

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I even went through a full recovery and upgrade again and then reset..still the same issue. I also notice there is no camera option in the translate app either. All the camera apps I use work fine though... Weird

try this: check in settings > privacy > camera > apps that access or have permission to access camera - is skype video enabled? And the other app too

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
All the permissions are fine.... given that nobody has replied saying that they have actually got it to work on a 1020, I am just going to assume it is one of the few things that will never work (I suspect the 1020's camera requires pretty specific drivers and given that Windows 10 is not officially supported on the device there is no reason to think they will ever add them to the app)

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
But the ugly old Skype app works fine with the camera. It's the "alternative" video app that doesn't work (on Threshold). Problem is that the old one is being retired, and new Skype UWP requires Redstone, and no guarantee it'll work with our camera anyway.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
But the ugly old Skype app works fine with the camera. It's the "alternative" video app that doesn't work (on Threshold). Problem is that the old one is being retired, and new Skype UWP requires Redstone, and no guarantee it'll work with our camera anyway.

the old one will take a while, it's not going to die in a day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos