Lumia 1020 cannot read photos and music- listed as 'other' in WP App

Arjun Mohan

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
An unexpected Data Recovery dialog box appeared on my phone, where they said that an unexpected crash occurred, and they may have recovered most of the data on the phone.

I checked the Photos section of my phone, and almost all of the photos I had taken were missing. All the music I stored here was also missing. I couldn't see any of it on my phone.

I plugged the phone into my desktop and opened via Windows Explorer, and the images open properly, though without preview. I open the folders with music, and the MP3s are there as they are.

Windows Phone App, though, lists all of these as 'other', but does not recognise these as photos or music.

I may move these photos and MP3s to my hard drive and back to the phone, but before doing so, I need to know if there's a way to wake up my phone, or this is the only option. I often contacted Lumia Help on Twitter and their responses were prompt and helpful, but now even that account has been deactivated.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
An unexpected Data Recovery dialog box appeared on my phone, where they said that an unexpected crash occurred, and they may have recovered most of the data on the phone.

I checked the Photos section of my phone, and almost all of the photos I had taken were missing. All the music I stored here was also missing. I couldn't see any of it on my phone.

I plugged the phone into my desktop and opened via Windows Explorer, and the images open properly, though without preview. I open the folders with music, and the MP3s are there as they are.

Windows Phone App, though, lists all of these as 'other', but does not recognise these as photos or music.

I may move these photos and MP3s to my hard drive and back to the phone, but before doing so, I need to know if there's a way to wake up my phone, or this is the only option. I often contacted Lumia Help on Twitter and their responses were prompt and helpful, but now even that account has been deactivated.

never encountered this before. tell me are you on windows phone 8.1 or 10? Is your device up or is it not even booting?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

if you can copy them to pc, then do that and check that they all open.
Then delete them from the phone and copy them back

By wake up your phone - it has an issue starting or it is operating normally?

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
This used to happen to me all the time... there is no way to fix the music other than to copy it all off, delete and copy back on again, however the photos and videos can be fixed by going into the camera setting and clicking the option that says: "Find photos and videos shot with Lumia Camera"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos