Blurry Pictures & Videos

HD Rider

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows) phone and has experienced blurry pictures and videos? This phone has a 41mp camera that takes exquisite pictures. However, after Microsoft FORCE downloaded Windows 10 on me, the pictures and videos are blurry 70% of the time. I have tried everything short of a hard reboot, which would erase everything (contacts, calendar appointments, apps, pictures...) on my phone, but have not been able to correct. To make matters even more frustrating, if I call Microsoft, the recording refers me to their website and then says, "goodbye". So, I called AT&T, our cell phone carrier, and got some untrained employee that was no help either. Having said all this, I am reaching out for HELP!

Thanks.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying WM10 was forced onto your 1020?
The 1020 was excluded from receiving WM10 actually.

In any case the blurry pics may be hardware related.
Is this happening with flash enabled pictures taken?

The 1020 is becoming quite dated so I'd look for someone who can replace the camera module.
Good luck there.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
As Guytronic said, there are no official methods to update the Lumia 1020 to Windows 10. If your pictures are suddenly blurry then the camera could be failing. Given the phone's age, it's probably cheaper to buy a used one than pay a repair shop to fix it.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a recommended fix.
I had blurry pics occasionally with the 1020 I no longer have and couldn't figure out why.

Another user here said when the phone does this try holding the device firmly by your side and shake vigorously horizontal to the floor.
Sounded like baloney of course, but I tried it anyway and I'll be darned if it didn't work!
**Note
This wasn't permanent and I had to do it again on occasion.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a recommended fix.
I had blurry pics occasionally with the 1020 I no longer have and couldn't figure out why.

Another user here said when the phone does this try holding the device firmly by your side and shake vigorously horizontal to the floor.
Sounded like baloney of course, but I tried it anyway and I'll be darned if it didn't work!
**Note
This wasn't permanent and I had to do it again on occasion.

Sticky OIS?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sticky OIS?

Possible...
I sold the phone and the new cam module I bought from ebay.
Always wished I would have tried replacing that module to see what would have happened.
I was going to replace the battery too while I was at it.

Ah well C'est la vie :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon