Questions about the 1320

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. My father will be celebrating his birthday next year in January. I plan on buying him his first smartphone, and I think a Windows Phone is right for him especially that I suppose he wouldn't be a heavy user. Considering his age (around 55) and his already poor eye vision, do you think the 1320 could be the right phone for him? And is it still worth getting next year?

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
And is it still worth getting next year?
yes its still worth every penny.

Considering his age (around 55) and his already poor eye vision, do you think the 1320 could be the right phone for him?
If he is comfortable holding a 6inch then it should be good, check with him whether he is willing to hold a 6inch and receiving calls with it. its kind of big to hold [mine is a Lumia 1320, so i know how big it is], if you get used to Lumia 1320, then there is no going back to smaller screens.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you seem to be really old. Thanks for the advice. But I think my father would really be accustomed to the 1320's size. Btw, he is a college professor.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am 58 and have a 1520, the thing rocks dude, will he be able to cope with a 1320, sounds like he is already grave fodder the way you are talking about him :smile:

Bob

jimkraz

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I am 66 and got my 1320 recently, best thing yet for a oldy with failing eyes, gave my wife my L820, yes its big, yes you know its in your trouser pocket, but I can see it, set the text size up a bit, don't need to reach for the glasses all the time. Go for it.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Seems like you are all experienced 1320 users so you might want to answer a quick question.
I read somewhere in this forum that the phone was heating from time to time. Do you have this issue? Or maybe because you are all elder people here, you don't use it for playing games so you don't have that kind of issue :)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Seems like you are all experienced 1320 users so you might want to answer a quick question.
I read somewhere in this forum that the phone was heating from time to time. Do you have this issue? Or maybe because you are all elder people here, you don't use it for playing games so you don't have that kind of issue :)
Only while playing games or while charging the phone it gets heated up. This is a normal phenomenon with all smart phones. Otherwise it works just fine.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Back on topic...
I would also suggest you to get him a smaller device. Idk maybe because it'll be his first smartphone. And it doesn't has to be with some killing specs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo