Will downgrading to 8.0 void my warranty?

Kurt Russell Molina

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that 8.1 has a battery issue problem. As I bought my phone, I updated it to 8.1 and haven't experience the performance of 8.0.

Im more concern on its battery life. It only lasts 7-8 hours on watching movies. And when Im surfing the net over wifi, it only lasts 14 hours straight.

I want to downgrade my software to 8.0 to experience good battery life as they recommend to turn back to 8.0 as it offers good battery performance. Im just worried that it might affect the warranty.

TIA for the answers :)

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Which phone is it? And are you on 8.1 with cyan, or just the developer preview? Because with the cyan firmware, windows 8.1 and windows 8.0 on phones are pretty much identical for battery life, as far as I know. But, if you're on developer preview, that's been known to kill batteries just because the operating system is optimized for it.

Kurt Russell Molina

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh and btw, whenever I charge I oftenly uses also my phone til it reach 100% but I always over charge it atleast 45 mins for a good performance. Seldom I fully charged, but mostly i charge it only at 80% give me some tips on how will I last long my batter lumia 1320. I've tried optimizing my settings, just a bit of battery performance. By the way if fully used the phone with wifi how long does it usually last?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you use what's app? I have noticed that many on this forum that have battery life issues use that app. Also Use the battery sense app to stop apps from working in the background that you don't want or need. Also when apps update some of them turn themselves back on for working in the background. Adjust your glance screen for interval instead of constant. And when you know you wont be using WiFi turn it off so it isn't constantly searching in the background. Hope this helps. Oh yeah if you don't use nfc turn it off.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If that 8hrs is "on screen" time, that's really good.

Battery tips:
-Always charge to 100%
-Try to deplete battery as much as possible before charging everytime.
- Try to avoid constantly charging when you still have plenty of juice.

Batteries perform better and last longer because of this.

Having wifi, NFC, etc seems not to affect battery life, but things like Glance screen and or using a background pic on glance screen does however.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Battery tips:
-Always charge to 100%

Having wifi, NFC, etc seems not to affect battery life, but things like Glance screen and or using a background pic on glance screen does however.

Almost "Amen, brother." Glance uses nothing, effectively. Check it out under the Battery Saver app.

OP is all over the ballpark, little makes sense.

Kurt Russell Molina

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
6-8 hours of web browsing straight no turn off, i was browsing facebook, youtube and watching animes the whole time. Does it sounds good performance for a 3400 mAh battery? Still not satisfied on answers huhu.

My classmate says, always charge your phone whenever it hits 20% and charge it only at 80% do this in 29 days and on the 30th, drain your battery to 0, and dont use it for 5 hours then charge it till it reach 100% as this calibrates the battery. Was now confused. :3

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Battery tips:
-Always charge to 100%

Remember this is a lithium battery. Lithium batteries do not have the "memory effect. Ideally with lithium when it gets down to about 30% its time to charge. The number one killer of lithium batteries (and does so quick!) is draining ot dead or near dead. And leaving it that way for any length of time. Doing that will destroy a lithium in no time. No offense but the draining it down does not apply to lithium and if anything will hurt it. With older battery types that's good advice, but not with lithium.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Remember this is a lithium battery. Lithium batteries do not have the "memory effect. Ideally with lithium when it gets down to about 30% its time to charge. The number one killer of lithium batteries (and does so quick!) is draining ot dead or near dead. And leaving it that way for any length of time. Doing that will destroy a lithium in no time. No offense but the draining it down does not apply to lithium and if anything will hurt it. With older battery types that's good advice, but not with lithium.

Thanks for the correction.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
How will you even downgrade to 8.0? As far as I know Nokia software recovery tool doesn't let you to downgrade to 8.0 anymore! It directly installs 8.1 with cyan.

Kurt Russell Molina

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Is that so? Then im stucked with 8.1 huhu. Please tell me how to improve my battery, i've tried what everything, I customize my apps and settings but no result given. Still at 5 hours straight of internet surfing via wifi in 100%, 7 hours straight for watching anime/movies in 100%. I dont know what to do.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Is that so? Then im stucked with 8.1 huhu. Please tell me how to improve my battery, i've tried what everything, I customize my apps and settings but no result given. Still at 5 hours straight of internet surfing via wifi in 100%, 7 hours straight for watching anime/movies in 100%. I dont know what to do.

You just have to live with it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes