Need help! my 1320 wont accept my new microSD

clinxr

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I just bought a new strontium microSD to update my storage from my old 16GB microSD to 64GB. i tested it once at the store. it was working fine. so i bought it.

then i came home and used it on my PC to save some files. and then time to pop it up to my cellphone.

to my suprise, it shows error "Cant use SD card". i tried reformatting it over my Lumia, but it wont format. and i also tried reformatting it again over my PC using settings for microsdxc, however its not solving the issue.

i feel bad i just bought this 'expensive" 64gb over my normal 32gb decision and this is what it gives me. any tips or advice i should do? also tried soft reset.

wp_user2

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
1320 with 8.1 cyan just cant handle BIG sd:s i tried a 32g kingston class10 phone freez hang so i swiped the 32g to just a 4g sd same brand same class10 and all works fine.

Ps the 32g works like a charm in Samsung galaxy express. So as i wrote the 1320 cant handle it.

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Please be patient, this is a world-wide message board. Someone willing and able to help you may be sleeping. Give it more than 3ish hours.

The Lumia 1320 can support up to 128 GB cards, so says this link: Nokia Lumia 1320 - What types of memory cards can I use with my Lumia? ? Troubleshooting ? Questions and Answers - Microsoft - USA

I have never used a strontium brand SD card, but they are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. I'd recommend getting it swapped out with a new one and see if that solves your issue. It's not uncommon for these cheap storage cards to have failures.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
On the PC format the card. For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes . For 64-128 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB. Do a full format, not a quick format.
Put the card in the phone without adding any files or folders.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
On the PC format the card. For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes . For 64-128 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB. Do a full format, not a quick format.
Put the card in the phone without adding any files or folders.

One doesn't have to use the fat32 format. In fact its a necessity to format the card in exFat to store files (camera video) greater than 4GB (or to store files in general)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3