Can you connect to Reliance Jio 4G connection via your Lumia 1320 (Or any only LTE device)?

Avishkar Kedari

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I got the Reliance Jio sim card a few days back and I tried to use it but to my surprise even after keeping the highest connection speed as 4G I am not able to connect to the internet. I called the guys at the Jio and they are saying that their list still shows Lumia 1320 as a 3G device and are saying that only devices on their list will be able to connect. Is this really possible that only specific devices connect to a specified network? Also one time they said that only VoLTE devices will be able to connect to 4G which cannot be possible as a device with LTE compatibility should connect to a LTE network whenever it is available in the area. I tried the sim card in my friend's phone which has VoLTE and it connected in no time!!!

I can't seem to find any answer regarding this issue on any forum out there on the internet. The only answer I am getting is that Reliance Jio is supported on Lumia 1320.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1320 doesn't support 4G LTE. Source1 Source2

In case of any other 4G-enabled device:- When I had bought my Airtel 4G card, my Lumia 830 didn't let me connect to its 3G or 4G network. I thought my phone wasn't supported. But it actually was. Then out of no option, I bought a new SIM card. But still it didn't connect. Then I accessed the Airtel's products menu on my phone and went to the 3G/4G section. It was then I realised that 3G/4G was not activated for my SIM card. I had to manually activate it by sending them a request SMS.

I think your case is similar. You probably need to enable 4G on your phone (not Lumia 1320). Try this:- Open Reliance Jio's product menu, i.e. where you get information about various data packs, talktime offers, paid services, etc. (like on Airtel it is *121#). In that menu select data packs > 3G/4G > It might ask you to activate 4G by replying with a specific number (like 1) > send it > wait for confirmation SMS > go to the same menu > activate a data pack. This is how I activated my Airtel 3G/4G. It may differ for Reliance Jio but might be similar. Try it. Better to do something than nothing.

If there's no such method for you then call Jio's customer care or send them your query at their support e-mail.

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
It supports for me.. Mine is 1320 and i am using Airtel 4g.... Check your rm listed of website of Microsoft.. Mine is 994-India which support 4g

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
It supports for me.. Mine is 1320 and i am using Airtel 4g.... Check your rm listed of website of Microsoft.. Mine is 994-India which support 4g

Oh yes, it has two versions. One supports LTE. Then probably 4G isn't activated on the OP's phone. Or Jio doesn't support 1320's LTE bands. Visit the nearest Jio store and enquire there.

Avishkar Kedari

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I created the post... Don't you think I would checked first about the 4G thing on my lumia 1320...? Mine is RM-994 India and it has 4G settings activated in it....

Why don't you guys read the original post before replying... I clearly wrote that my phone has the 4G setting right now.... I am on windows 10 latest preview build which means the drivers are the latest out there....

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
The original post wasn't like that when I had replied. I clearly remember it was a three-four line paragraph. And if it wasn't so then the other guy would have also pointed out that you had already mentioned that your phone supports 4G. I use the old WinC app for forums, and most people use it too, which can be nasty at times. It sometimes only shows the title in place of body. Otherwise poeple here read the question carefully before replying. No one is interested in making a fool of themselves.

Mathan Raju

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I created the post... Don't you think I would checked first about the 4G thing on my lumia 1320...? Mine is RM-994 India and it has 4G settings activated in it....

Why don't you guys read the original post before replying... I clearly wrote that my phone has the 4G setting right now.... I am on windows 10 latest preview build which means the drivers are the latest out there....

Hi,
Nokia lumia 1320 supports LTE (only 4G data)
Since VoLTE future not available we cannot make voice calls ( yes it will not support reliance Jio voice calls but it will support reliance data from 4G)
Note Vodafone, Idea & Airtel 4G having three technology (2G,3G,4G) where reliance jio at present having only 4G (VoLTE).
In Vodafone, Idea & Airtel usually if you select 4G (Data use from 4G & all voice calls will be going from 2G/3G it's called only LTE).
Reliance jio the first operator making 4G with VoLTE ( Voice over LTE) all voice calls also support from LTE network.

Raju NV

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It seems that Windows phone users will have to wait till 31st December 2016. Util then jio 4g is offered free of cost which is activated through my jio app which is available only in Android phone. The offer is available for the particular phone in which sim is activated. It appears that after that date the sim will work in any LTE enabled phone. For making voice call volte phone is required. Presently in LTE only enabled phone voice calls are made through jio app when data is switched on

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Presently in LTE only enabled phone voice calls are made through jio app when data is switched on

Nope, calls can be made without Jio App and also without turning on data.

And I believe for Windows Phone which have VoLTE in its hardware Microsoft needs to push update for VoLTE like they did for 4G when airtel announced it. And also I believe 1320 doesnt have the hardware needed for it.

I am desperately waiting for my 950xl.

Raju NV

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Voice calls can be made only on volte enabled phones. Voice calls on only LTE enabled phones can be made only through Kip's voice call app

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Harishkm

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Im using jio in my wife's blu win hd phone without any issues.
you have to have a 4g android phone to get the sim, but that sim if you put in windows phone and create an internet profile "Jionet", it will work. I use only data, think calls may not work due to non volte phone.

raghulive1

May 4, 2015
Visit site
jio had Band 3/20/40 can support 4G on any 4G device,create new apn settings
name - Jio 4G
APN - jionet
if jionet apn not works try epc.jionet.com ,its for Volte if jio people can enable this,they will ignore us sure

shreepadg

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I use Lumia 650. Bought the free Jio4G SIM after Aadhar verification.
The free data services started after a day. I did not had to change anything in the Settings except a few. The Jio SIM was inserted in Slot 1 and my regular Idea SIM was moved in Slot 2. Secondly, you need to choose the Jio4G dropdown for data in SIM1 settings. That's it. Personally I found the 4G data transfer of Reliance quite good. No harm in trying it, those who haven't. But regarding, voice calling...I thing we, the Windows phone users have to wait to hear from Microsoft about volTE installation. Without that we won't be able to use voice calling. Thanks [Mod Edit: removed number]

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss