So who want's Nokia's Phablet?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Probably. Did not get 1020 as 808 owner and want to try "next gen" quad core, 1080 screened Lumia device.
Though got a see what the design will be. Verge said it would have poly build, hoping for aluminium.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I might be interested. I normally don't care for phablets, but I'm looking to upgrade in the near future. I've had my 920 for about nine months now, and I'm the type of person who switches phone very often, like every six months. Lumia 925 isn't an upgrade from the 920, and I didn't want to get the 1020 with its dual core hardware when the quad core phones are just around the corner. I just hope this phone comes with a large battery, like the Galaxy Note II.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The thread 'now' reminds me of a Call of Duty game, cannot remember which version but the FPS guy used to say "Bandits, 12 o clock high" when flying in the plane ;)
Nokia must be making a decent phablet, but chose a sick name :p

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
6" will be too big for me and I think the 1020 has a better USP in the camera so that's going to be my upgrade from my 920 when Rogers release theirs.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter if I want it or not. Verizon continues to fail in the Nokia department. Would it really kill them to be first with a flagship WP device, just once? I have the 8x - hardly a flagship device.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The upgraded SoC offers almost no immediate benefits. Assuming the size remains the sole selling point, then no.

possumdel

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i want it like yesterday! been waiting for a nokia phablet to replace my note! so gimme already =)
I'm debating between the Note 3 and this 1520 (assuming that's what they call it). Given that you are a Note owner, can you tell me what you would like about the Nokia that you would cause you to prefer it over the Note 3? Is it simply Windows over Android? I came to WP from WebOS. I've never been a big Android fan, but to be honest I've never owned one. This Note 3 looks pretty nice. What can you tell me about your Note experience that might help me with my decision?

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Phablet = Phone + Tablet

I need more details on this Bandit. If its just a huge phone with only added tiles and no added tablet capabilities, no deals.

A phablet is more than just a huge screen.

anon(27512)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter if I want it or not. Verizon continues to fail in the Nokia department. Would it really kill them to be first with a flagship WP device, just once? I have the 8x - hardly a flagship device.

i have verizon too. They won't get is phone, at least not in a timeframe that is useable. Look how long it took them to get the htc one. So annoying. AT&T always gets the good phones.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Considering what I use my Surface for most of the time, this is definitely on my list. With some of the new apps being released for WP8 (Citrix and Putty, most notably), I could probably make this my main computing device. My HP ProBook is pretty much just a testing box (it's running openSUSE 12.3 w/ VMware Workstation installed). If there's a basic RDP client released, then it would be perfect (I don't find myself in need of RDP that much, but it could be helpful in a pinch).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo