Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    3,976 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Well we know the huge 6" phone from Nokia's codename: Bandit. Who is planning to get one!?

Probably I just so I can try it.
    Ambassador

Show me how it looks like and what OS its on, I "may" jump on the bandwagon.
    Oh, seems I found something - Nokia Bandit phablet may be announced in September

Its a phone? 6 incher, man no way am carrying that all day long, unless it has some glow in the dark colors around it ;)

Just for Humor
    Why didn't Nokia launch the Bandit?
    Because they banned it!

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Probably. Did not get 1020 as 808 owner and want to try "next gen" quad core, 1080 screened Lumia device.
    Though got a see what the design will be. Verge said it would have poly build, hoping for aluminium.

Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts
    I want it!!!

I would love one but Im on a 2 year contract for my 920 so I'll probably get the bandit 2 with wp9 :D

i want it like yesterday! been waiting for a nokia phablet to replace my note! so gimme already =)

I'm in for the Nokia phablet

Global Posts
    2,092 Global Posts
    I might be interested. I normally don't care for phablets, but I'm looking to upgrade in the near future. I've had my 920 for about nine months now, and I'm the type of person who switches phone very often, like every six months. Lumia 925 isn't an upgrade from the 920, and I didn't want to get the 1020 with its dual core hardware when the quad core phones are just around the corner. I just hope this phone comes with a large battery, like the Galaxy Note II.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Ambassador

The thread 'now' reminds me of a Call of Duty game, cannot remember which version but the FPS guy used to say "Bandits, 12 o clock high" when flying in the plane ;)
    Nokia must be making a decent phablet, but chose a sick name :p

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    2,887 Global Posts
    6" will be too big for me and I think the 1020 has a better USP in the camera so that's going to be my upgrade from my 920 when Rogers release theirs.

Doesn't matter if I want it or not. Verizon continues to fail in the Nokia department. Would it really kill them to be first with a flagship WP device, just once? I have the 8x - hardly a flagship device.

I might get one.
    The upgraded SoC offers almost no immediate benefits. Assuming the size remains the sole selling point, then no.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mox2284 View Post
    i want it like yesterday! been waiting for a nokia phablet to replace my note! so gimme already =)
    I'm debating between the Note 3 and this 1520 (assuming that's what they call it). Given that you are a Note owner, can you tell me what you would like about the Nokia that you would cause you to prefer it over the Note 3? Is it simply Windows over Android? I came to WP from WebOS. I've never been a big Android fan, but to be honest I've never owned one. This Note 3 looks pretty nice. What can you tell me about your Note experience that might help me with my decision?

3ortwix.jpg

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Phablet = Phone + Tablet

I need more details on this Bandit. If its just a huge phone with only added tiles and no added tablet capabilities, no deals.

A phablet is more than just a huge screen.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    Phablet = Phone + Tablet

I need more details on this Bandit. If its just a huge phone with only added tiles and no added tablet capabilities, no deals.

A phablet is more than just a huge screen.
    Absolutely
    mrzees likes this.

Global Posts
    1,726 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZuneLune View Post
    Doesn't matter if I want it or not. Verizon continues to fail in the Nokia department. Would it really kill them to be first with a flagship WP device, just once? I have the 8x - hardly a flagship device.
    i have verizon too. They won't get is phone, at least not in a timeframe that is useable. Look how long it took them to get the htc one. So annoying. AT&T always gets the good phones.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    Considering what I use my Surface for most of the time, this is definitely on my list. With some of the new apps being released for WP8 (Citrix and Putty, most notably), I could probably make this my main computing device. My HP ProBook is pretty much just a testing box (it's running openSUSE 12.3 w/ VMware Workstation installed). If there's a basic RDP client released, then it would be perfect (I don't find myself in need of RDP that much, but it could be helpful in a pinch).

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I want one of those :)

Global Posts
    3,976 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Latest news: Nokia Lumia 1520 rumored to launch September 26 | Windows Phone Central

So if it's released on the 26th Sept (presumably for AT&T) who's getting one and what are you prepared to dish out for it?
    tissotti and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    Latest news: Nokia Lumia 1520 rumored to launch September 26 | Windows Phone Central

So if it's released on the 26th Sept (presumably for AT&T) who's getting one and what are you prepared to dish out for it?
    I'm sure you know, but just saying that the actual release to the market will likely happen month or two after the announcement in September.

This is a phone I have to try before buying, also when it will arrive here in Nordics is a big thing naturally. I would easily pay 599 for it, 699 I think is the actual price and a bit too much. For 650 I just might still get it on launch, if I'm in the hype wagon at that time.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I am interested. I want to see if this phone has comparable battery life to the other phones running the snapdragon 800, namely the LG G2 and the Note 3.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    RushilPa likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast