Feature which might be on the device

possumdel

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, startac. That is exactly what I meant. I feel like it somewhat defines a phablet. Or at least a true phablet experience. Otherwise it's just a big phone. I'm sure some disagree, but I'm not sure whether or not I'd buy a phablet without one

possumdel

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, I'm on contract for the 900 but bought a 920 off contract. I'm considering an upgrade to either the Note 3 or 1520 (or whatever they call it)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not just about supporting a stylus to be entitled as a phablet. It should be able to run 2 apps side by side. 6" screen allows for this!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Since it will most likely be a high-end phone, then it should have super sensitive touch, which will allow you to use styluses(?) on it.

The real question, however, is how they use the stylus.

One of the reasons behind the success of the Galaxy Note line is how they utilize the stylus. They have a dedicated suite of apps that support the functions of the stylus very well, even if they can be classified as bloatware.
Otherwise, a stylus is just a thin finger.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
No it isn't. These stylus that we are talking about can be detected by your device when they get closer to the screen but aren't actually touching it. They are pressure sensitive, they have a "right-click" button, etc... They aren't just a wood chopstick..

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
In other words wacom or similar. So far there's no wacom support on RT or WP, and I got a feeling you wont see WP support any time soon either. Just seeing how slow MS is. I mean wacom support should have been no brainer on RT.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
In other words wacom or similar. So far there's no wacom support on RT or WP, and I got a feeling you wont see WP support any time soon either. Just seeing how slow MS is. I mean wacom support should have been no brainer on RT.

True! It would be an amazing surprise if Microsoft brought Wacom stylus support to WP8. But they better do it! Phablets without this feature are kind of pointless in my opinion!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
True! It would be an amazing surprise if Microsoft brought Wacom stylus support to WP8. But they better do it! Phablets without this feature are kind of pointless in my opinion!

There are lots of tablets that do not have a wacom digitizer, but that doesn't make them pointless. It would be amazing to have on this upcoming phone but if it's not present I don't think the phablet would be pointless.

However, Nokia's design team needs to make sure this phone is very portable... the Xperia Z Ultra is too big to fit into most pockets comfortably. I don't want to carry a phone in my pocket if it's going to be uncomfortable.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't know about RT, but W8 does support a Wacom stylus. I had an old HP TC1100 that I had W8 on and it used the stylus for input. A Windows convertible without Wacom and Windows Journal is a paperweight. The limiting factor is not the OS, it's the capacitive screen.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about RT, but W8 does support a Wacom stylus. I had an old HP TC1100 that I had W8 on and it used the stylus for input. A Windows convertible without Wacom and Windows Journal is a paperweight. The limiting factor is not the OS, it's the capacitive screen.

Well there is not a single RT device that has wacom support or proper stulys support in general. And yes, of course there is wacom support on W8 devices, it would be mad if there wasn't. Typing this very message from a Vivo Tab (TF810) that I bought because of wacom support as its something I need on my studies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well there is not a single RT device that has wacom support or proper stulys support in general. And yes, of course there is wacom support on W8 devices, it would be mad if there wasn't. Typing this very message from a Vivo Tab (TF810) that I bought because of wacom support as its something I need on my studies.

Any word if inking of any kind is, or will be available? I'm like you, I need a Wacom stylus to use Windows Journal.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720