Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Seems like one of us is already sporting this massive sexy beast.
    And it seems it's got an SD slot.
    Source: My Nokia Blog, via: The Verge.
    lumia1520photos7_1020_verge_super_wide-1-600x450.jpg
    screen-shot-2013-09-08-20.57.22.jpg
    screen-shot-2013-09-08-20.59.52-600x435.jpg
    screen-shot-2013-09-08-20.59.57-600x568.jpg
    screen-shot-2013-09-08-21.00.02-600x322.jpg
    screen-shot-2013-09-08-21.00.25.jpg
    And if you look closely there's those misterious 5 pins on the back, along with the ZEISS branding instead of Carl Zeiss, just like the 1020.
    What do you think of this?
    Banned

I guess one will need a man purse to carry that book, it's like a clown's version of a mobile phone exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness.
    Instead of a man purse you hire a Sherpa to carry it they can also hold it when you take pictures. My phone is bigger than yours and I can last longer....
    sision likes this.

Global Posts
    3,888 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I don't think they're mysterious holes. They look pretty similar to the holes we see on the 928, 925 and 1020 for wireless charging plates to 'plug in' to.

Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    I don't think they're mysterious holes. They look pretty similar to the holes we see on the 928, 925 and 1020 for wireless charging plates to 'plug in' to.
    I believe they could be for wireless charging too, but people think that those could be speaker holes or even proximity sensors (lol)

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    I guess one will need a man purse to carry that book, it's like a clown's version of a mobile phone exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness.
    Instead of a man purse you hire a Sherpa to carry it they can also hold it when you take pictures. My phone is bigger than yours and I can last longer....
    Your whole argument is you don't like big phones.
    Good for you, I suppose.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    This phone is not for you. You can move on.
    Thanked by:
    BenGutt likes this.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Phones aren't sexy. Beautiful, smart women are.
    Thanked by:
    liamjanin and MrCartas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Phones aren't sexy. Beautiful, smart women are.
    Lol. Let me guess, you're one of those people that thinks a car can't be sexy. So a Ferrari GTO, Shelby Cobra, McClaren F1, or any other isn't sexy? Riiight.

Sexy can also describe inanimate objects...

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=SEXY
    Soyeb Mullick likes this.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Lol, sexy can also describe inanimate objects.

Maybe technically, but realistically, "sex" is the root of the word. Enough said!
    MrCartas likes this.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    This must a record gadget thread is derailed, and that's saying something.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm sorry guys, but I really had a good laugh after seeing the clown pic =D
    sectime likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantest View Post
    I'm sorry guys, but I really had a good laugh after seeing the clown pic =D
    It was funny.

The tone of the post just seemed too defensive though.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflexx View Post
    It was funny.

The tone of the post just seemed too defensive though.
    True. Maybe watching this video will chill him out

:P

A bit too sensitive here. Internet is just the internet. Who cares what others say. It's not like I can stuff my fist into the screen and out the other to punch someone lol.

I think 6" phones are overkill in a period where tablets are pretty major now, including mini ones that are 7". Phones should stick around the 4" area to combine function and form. 6" is too impractical unless you like watching videos on the go.

But I'm liking the form factor for this one...
    Thanked by:
    PB_H 
    PB_H likes this.

I can already see a Lumia 1525 in the making...
    Remember the Leaked image of a metal Phone....

gsmarena_001.jpg

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrut_m View Post
    I can already see a Lumia 1525 in the making...
    Remember the Leaked image of a metal Phone....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsmarena_001.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	42561

likely the Lumia 1520 refresh version. But probably a Verizon or T-Mobile variant
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    You sound insecure.

If you really were okay with other people liking it, then you wouldn't make insulting comments about people that would use it. No need to label people as clowns.

Looking at what people wrote, you seriously over reacted. People said the phone wasn't for you and you responded like they insulted you. Strange behavior.

I think it will fit in loose pockets. A "man purse" or other accessory may be necessary if the pants being don't fit it. But people who choose to do that probably are secure enough about themselves to not worry about it.
    I totally agree. Probably he wants a smaller device with the same specs, so he wants to prove Nokia is wrong making such big devices and he feels the urge to express himself in this way when he finds out that actually there are many people demanding this kind of device. If I need to look like a clown to get a device I like, then I suppose I will be a clown. Never really cared about what others think, I want a big device coz it better suits my needs.

I think the 'too big' argument is useless, especially in the tablet era.
    I don't want to buy a tablet because it won't fit my purse (the one I normally use for my wallet, keys and cellphone and other stuff) and because I don't want to waste money for 2 different mobile devices that can potentially enable me to do the same things.

Phablet is the perfect match for my case, and I think it is for many other clowns.
    Last edited by Dragone; 09-09-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Reflexx and ArthJar like this.

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Too.....sexy.... ugh.... must..... resist..... buying :-)
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    likely the Lumia 1520 refresh version. But probably a Verizon or T-Mobile variant
    I'd really like to be able to get this variant, I hope more informations will come out before I decide to buy the 'normal' version.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    While opposing opinions are certainly welcomed, tone of voice makes a huge difference in a forum. 6in phone isn't for me either. That said, I am not going to make fun of people who like it.
    Making fun of someone who said this to me would be appropriate. I was kind.

Quote Originally Posted by poiman View Post
    This phone is not for you. You can move on.
    Last edited by PB_H; 09-09-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Global Posts
    3,888 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Guys keep it on topic or take it to pms.

Personally I like the look of the device and hope they have a mid-size device in the works. But Nokia recognise, like Samsung, that choice is king.

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    Guys keep it on topic or take it to pms.

Personally I like the look of the device and hope they have a mid-size device in the works. But Nokia recognise, like Samsung, that choice is king.
    The device looks good. Size shouldn't be an issue. I have seen Galaxy Mega 6.3 and despite having CHEAP plastic it looks good. The only phablet that i found odd is Xperia Z Ultra, which looks too big like a mini tablet. If the overall size of this device despite having 6 inch screen is smaller than Note 2 (as rumored), then it will be an all round winner.

I think Nokia should also launch a 5.0 version of this device with same hardware and camera specifications, in order to compete with Xperia Z1
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64
    Muessig likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    I totally agree. Probably he wants a smaller device with the same specs, so he wants to prove Nokia is wrong making such big devices and he feels the urge to express himself in this way when he finds out that actually there are many people demanding this kind of device. If I need to look like a clown to get a device I like, then I suppose I will be a clown. Never really cared about what others think, I want a big device coz it better suits my needs.

I think the 'too big' argument is useless, especially in the tablet era.
    I don't want to buy a tablet because it won't fit my purse (the one I normally use for my wallet, keys and cellphone and other stuff) and because I don't want to waste money for 2 different mobile devices that can potentially enable me to do the same things.

Phablet is the perfect match for my case, and I think it is for many other clowns.
    Devices could be made in a wide variety of dimensions, and each one would have people that would find a good use for it. And each one would have people that say it is impractical.

Some people would love a 3" device. Others would say that it's too small.

Everyone lives a different life, and what one person may label as impractical can make perfect sense for another person.
    Tom Snyder likes this.

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Lol. Let me guess, you're one of those people that thinks a car can't be sexy. So a Ferrari GTO, Shelby Cobra, McClaren F1, or any other isn't sexy? Riiight.

Sexy can also describe inanimate objects...

While sexy is in the eyes of the beholder, I find it disturbing when people, who are almost always male, anthropomorphize and fetishize inanimate objects. As an anthropologist though, I do find it interesting that, in the Western world, the objects of desire identified as sexy are perceived as being large or powerful.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Devices could be made in a wide variety of dimensions, and each one would have people that would find a good use for it. And each one would have people that say it is impractical.

Some people would love a 3" device. Others would say that it's too small.

Everyone lives a different life, and what one person may label as impractical can make perfect sense for another person.
    That's the very reason 'is too big' a useless argument when commenting about a phablet. It's like saying that a tablet is crap because is a tablet, because I can't understand the needs of who uses a tablet. Saying 'phablet is too big' is a personal matter, and more over it's not related to a specific device (in this case Lumia 1520). There were already many topics about this in general section.

I think a proper disliking comment would be "I don't like the shape/specs/OS/price/specific feature of this phablet".
    Well, of course anybody is free to say what they want, even "I don't like this phablet because it's a phablet", and of course others are free to think what they want of such a comment.
    Far worse is to criticize the users or the needs of the ones who would buy a product, inside the very section of the product.

But this is going to be philosophy.

A more practical way to think would be : others (Samsung for example) manage to sell phablets, so making a phablet is the right choice to have the highest possible variety of kind of products to steal, for example, Android costumers. This is good for the whole echosystem.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast