Back in the saddle

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Took a little vacation away from Windows Phone with Android but I've come back full circle. It was good but once again the smartphone word just reinforced that I'm one of those special people that Just don't need an apps that much. Apps are fine and all but I just don't use them alot so I guess it was best to get away from Andriod and go back to the place that just makes me feel special and not apart of the mass market. Me and the wife got about 7 lines on our at&t account with family members and tablets so we have a phone from all ecosystems.

My vacation started with a Galaxy Note II, then a layover on an LG Optimus G Pro, then a brief stop over on a dumb phone and lastly ending my hiatus on a Nexus 5. I've come to the conclusion it's all about the user experience with me and the apps count very little to it because I hardly use any. Having the latest app is a joy then it becomes a big thud as that only last a week then you're tired of the app and never use it again. I noticed that everyone just has many screens filled with icons of apps that get used once and just take up space. Folks i've been thru the app wilderness and I'm tired of it! I stepped into an at&t store today and just looked around at all the phones and i mean all.I went in front of the Iphone section and sighed....... too small for my slightly bigger than average man hands and a tiny screen. I went to the Android section and saw the latest and greatest but I reminded myself I already had that in my pocket. Also if you want the latest and greatest updates you have to keep a somewhat inferior Nexus line device. Then once again I don't use many apps and the icons have weared on me.

I ventured to the dumb phones and said to myself they are dying and the basic web surfing is inferior to smartphones and the user experience sucks. Lastly I went in front of the windows phone section and my mind sighed and I took it all in.................SIMPLICITY is all I felt and said to myself. Not icons staring me in the face but ones that can give me more than a notification number but information without having to open them.

The Windows phone has once again restored my broken spirit of dealing with smartphones and I'm now the proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520. May it serve me well and keep me from ever going back across the fence. It is indeed a Massive phone and not for the faint of heart. I await Microsofts 8.1 update to see what they have been cooking for their 2014 splash. Once again I'm glad to have returned. BIng wallpapers is awesome on the lock screen just like it is on my desktop and windows tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720