Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Well I sent my phone in for repair and Nokia replaced it stating it was a factory defect.. so maybe stop waiting for a fix and send your phones in under warranty. I don't know if the phones any better but I'll be selling this one and sticking to android. Love the note 3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

amr osman

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Changed 2 Lumia 1520 for SD problem and still the same Nokia can't find a solution but replacing defected phone with another defected one until I'm fed up the worst customer service ever

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_932 using Tapatalk

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Changed 2 Lumia 1520 for SD problem and still the same Nokia can't find a solution but replacing defected phone with another defected one until I'm fed up the worst customer service ever

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_932 using Tapatalk

what issue are you having with the SD card ?

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

What are you doing nokia,where is the awesome quality control :| i mean seriously I am not a troll,just a frusterated nokia fan,bought a 620,had a wierd screen fuzziness

Ivan-Baraban

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Hello to all

My wife will receive her Lumia 1520 after a couple of days. This will be our first WP phone. So, is there any test or guide about Lumia 1520 initial chech & test? Or would you like as to be so kindly as to list main points/aspects which have to be checked during receiving the device? For example, my HTC One X has built-in app for initial testing, which shows different features for user & asks him about the result.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

A 1520 owner for about 2 weeks. I have the random freeze and reboot every day. Someone mentioned about the phone not recognizing being plugged in. I have had this as well. I almost threw away a perfectly good cable because the phone didn't recognize it. Even when it does recognize being plugged in, It seems to take about 5 - 10 seconds which is excessive. I performed a hard reset about an hour ago, because I'm having the other storage problem. I don't have a sd card yet. My memory was under 200 MB. Every time I wanted to take a picture the phone would say memory full. I kept juggling stuff to delete. I checked phone storage today. I had 667.2 MB in temporary. Tried to delete 3 times, but got nothing. Oh, I also have the connection issue( showing I have signal when I really don't).

One more thing...The speakerphone is load when talking or playing music, but for some reason when I watch web videos it's low. I have to turn volume to 30 just be able to hear. I've had a Focus,Titan, and 920 and don't remember having to do this.

Last edited:

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

After three weeks my phone just started randomly opening the Bing search. Its extremely annoying. I did a hard reset and did not restore any data and it still does it. It seems to do it more with a case on the phone. I am extremely annoyed. Looks like I may be selling the phone.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if Nokia will fix or replace a 1520 that has any of the issues in the op? My phone has taken a complete nose dive with this Bing search junk. I can barely use the phone now.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

My 1520 deletes song information off the sd card. Every couple days a song's album or artist tag will be deleted. My 1520 has also deleted playlists and album art. 5 weeks in and my entire music library is getting closer and closer to having unknown artist and unknown album.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My phone doesn't load music from the micro SD card anymore. It just shows the music as "other" under the memory breakdown. I synced the card with WMP after reformatting the SD card because artists started getting deleted even though all of their songs were still in my library. The music+videos app is so buggy they really really need to fix it with 8.1, if they have to they should rewrite the whole app since I don't know anyone that doesn't have a problem with it.

How did you format the card? I had similar problems with my Xperia Z1 even after formating the card in my laptop but stopped after I formatted it in my phone. It was a 64gb card if that matters.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but it has popped up in the past week. When I plug my phone into a power source, it can take upwards of 20-30 seconds before the phone recognizes it and makes the "I'm being powered" sound.

Used to be fairly quick...like within a couple of seconds.

Anyone else ever experience this?

rambocs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but it has popped up in the past week. When I plug my phone into a power source, it can take upwards of 20-30 seconds before the phone recognizes it and makes the "I'm being powered" sound.

Yeah, I experienced this as well. As long as it charged properly and does not affect battery life then no biggie otherwise going for warranty

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

This happens on all Windows Phones don't worry about it its normal behavior.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

This happens on all Windows Phones don't worry about it its normal behavior.

Hah...wasn't too worried about it. Did a restart and it went back to normal...just plugged it in and it took just a little longer. As long as it is charging, I guess I shouldn't care too much.

Genuine-Boy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Hi
This is the first time I post here and I have some questions to ask.
First , How long does it take to become fully charge?
Next , What should I do for first time battery charging to get the best battery life?
And finally , plz give me some advices to check the phone for the first time to get sure it`s running normally
Tnx a million

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

I had similar issue. It's gone when I uninstalled third party battery app and restarted my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05