- 11-05-2013, 08:12 PM #1
Here we will start a list of the confirmed factory defects and bugs. Please post your bugs and defects in this thread. Once we establish a pattern we can start a list.
- Bad main speaker
- Screen turns on and off at random
- Buttons are flush with the body of the device
- Small speaker for calls has low volume
- Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap
- Search button launching Bing search without being touched (Hard reset fixed this for some)
- Random crashes on some apps, an app will just close at random
It seams that some issues can be resolved or maybe even avoided by hard resetting the device. At this point I would recommend we all do a hard reset before initial setup. I used to do this with all my devices. Turn it on for the first time, skip all the setup then do a hard reset. It might not be a bad idea to do this on your device when you first get them. Your mileage may very, reset at your own risk.
Last edited by Dave Blake; 11-28-2013 at 08:26 AM.
- 11-24-2013, 08:17 PM #2
Some things I have experienced. I have had some distortion in the main speaker when playing music. it only happened once so far.
Twice I was typing a long message in the official Skype app and the keyboard tap sounds started to fade to a much lower volume. Restarting the app fixed it both times.
11-24-2013, 08:33 PM #4
- 51 Posts
I had the same volume/ sound distortion happen to me. But I brought my phone back to AT&T and they exchanged it for me. So far my new one works perfectly in terms of sound. I did have an issue that I didn't have the app list grid, but that popped up without me doing anything.
- 11-24-2013, 09:02 PM #5
Last edited by Dave Blake; 11-24-2013 at 09:15 PM.
- 11-24-2013, 09:21 PM #7
I saw a slight lag when scrolling, but is seems more an app problem since it is not consistent. Oddly enough it shows up primarily on the wpc app. Also saw a couple of times that when I wanted to scroll the home screen, I opened the app of the live tile i started scrolling at. Beside that, i have not seen any issues.
- 11-24-2013, 09:24 PM #8
I have also noticed that from time to time the screen will light up. It will go from the Glance screen to the lock screen without me touching the device.
- 11-24-2013, 11:01 PM #9
On my 1520 i got on Launch day I could not hear anyone through the phone...I had to use it on Speaker or headset if i was trying to call someone or they called me or else i couldn't hear them nor could they hear me.
I exchanged it and it is working much better now with my new 1520
- 11-25-2013, 01:32 AM #10
WiFi can be very slow at times until you restart the phone. Sometimes scrolling will click on something that was not intended to be clicked. I think the biggest issue for me is the WiFi.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
11-25-2013, 08:23 AM #11
- 7 Posts
I'm about to go exchange for my 3rd 1520.
First one: audio did not work, like, at all, 99% of the time. The cellular radio in it was also busted, it refused to hold a signal, and sometimes fail to recognize the sim card (tried 3 sims).
Second one: audio pops before and after every sound, and it has the issue where the hardware buttons (even with sensitivity on normal) freak out and begin pushing themselves, bringing up the Bing search screen and eventually freezing all input.
Third one: coming soon...
- 11-25-2013, 10:41 AM #13
The first main issues I'm having, as noted in separate posts, is still the erratic touch response. It either ignore swipes or treats them as a tap, which will randomly open unwanted apps or makes various selections.
The second is the inability to disable haptic feedback for the soft touch keys.
After a few support calls, Nokia doesn't seem interested in fixing either of them, as of yet.
Otherwise the phone itself seems to be working just fine. Great call and audio quality with the ear piece and external speaker. Haven't had any lockups, no video issues, etc. I mean, the screen is awesome. Although tapatalk has randomly closed a few times. LTE on AT&T (via StraightTalk) has been middle to strong signal and zero wi-fi issues at home.
11-25-2013, 11:23 AM #17
- 7 Posts
Third one seems alright so far.
11-25-2013, 02:57 PM #20
- 1 Posts
I have been having issues with touch sensitivity as well. Sometimes swipes are not registered. Also having lag with the backlight. Occasionally the backlight will not come on until a few seconds after unlocking the phone. I have auto brightness turned off. Another issue I am having is with the glance screen, occasionally it'll just stop working.
11-25-2013, 03:00 PM #21
- 3 Posts
My black Lumia 1520 has been better than expected. I thought the LCD or camera would be a let down from the 1020, but not all all. I had switched to the Note 3, then went back to the 1020. I have not seen a single defect with this phone. Its my favorite of all time and I have owned everything.
- 11-25-2013, 03:24 PM #22
1. After initial setup, the phone played no sound whatsoever. Launching Xbox Music caused a harsh crackle from the speaker. Fixed with a hard reset.
2. Touch screen issues as others have previously stated. Changed sensitivity and did a hard reset. Still an issue, but I am learning to adapt.
3. Screen brightness dims ever so slightly at random times...maybe a 10% decrease at most.
Other than those three things, I'm pretty happy with the phone.
- 11-25-2013, 08:08 PM #24
11-25-2013, 10:57 PM #25
- 3 Posts
Haptic feedback is another issue and hope they can fix it soon or later.
- By cmfooballcoach in forum Microsoft Lumia 640Replies: 12Last Post: 03-10-2016, 03:35 PM
- By ichbins217 in forum Microsoft Lumia 640 XLReplies: 7Last Post: 03-05-2016, 07:20 AM
- By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2016, 08:40 PM
- By Joseph Calamita in forum Microsoft Lumia 950Replies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2016, 07:30 PM
- By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2016, 06:35 PM