Questions about the lumia 1520.

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Currently I am using the lumia 900. I feel like upgrading my phone to a phablet though.
So i would like to ask a few questions from you guys who owned the lumia 1520.

1st) Does the phone bother you guys a lot while walking,running or sitting down when it is kept in the front pocket of your jeans since its size is fairly huge?
2nd) Is it possible for me to transfer the apps from my lumia 900 to the lumia 1520??
3rd) Is the phone itself hard to grasp or hold onto? Does it tend to slip from your hand frequently while using it in any way(taking a photo, texting, etc etc etc)

I know the 1st and 3rd questions are based on personal preferences or experience but It will allowed me to decide whether or not to purchase this phone easily based on your experiences.

Thank you for reading my post.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Currently I am using the lumia 900. I feel like upgrading my phone to a phablet though.
So i would like to ask a few questions from you guys who owned the lumia 1520.

1st) Does the phone bother you guys a lot while walking,running or sitting down when it is kept in the front pocket of your jeans since its size is fairly huge?
2nd) Is it possible for me to transfer the apps from my lumia 900 to the lumia 1520??
3rd) Is the phone itself hard to grasp or hold onto? Does it tend to slip from your hand frequently while using it in any way(taking a photo, texting, etc etc etc)

I know the 1st and 3rd questions are based on personal preferences or experience but It will allowed me to decide whether or not to purchase this phone easily based on your experiences.

Thank you for reading my post.

1. I am a dancer. I dance with my headphones and my phone in my pocket. I also am very active and work out with it on me and the size doesn't bother me at all tbh. The 1520 to me isn't that much bigger than my 1020.

Hell, I danced with my 920 and that sucker was thick and my 1020 had the camera bulge so the 1520 isn't much different for me and I wear both skinny jeans and normal jeans, I don't have any issues with discomfort sitting down though it is noticeable to see the phone in your pants. But not bad at all.

2. I think apps you downloaded and purchased are tied to the Microsoft account and you go to windowsphone.com I believe to reinstall. I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm sort of positive lol

3. I owned glossy 920, matte yellow 1020 and now a glossy red 1520.

The glossy does make it sort of slippery at times where if I am sweaty or wearing gloves it is a little slippery but nothing out of the ordinary. Its nothing that bothers me.

I've only dropped it once when I took a pic which was my fault since It was the way I was holding it.

Though I did wish I would have got matte yellow instead of glossy red. I like the red but I think owning a yellow 920 &1020....yellow has spoiled me haha. Love my Lumia :D

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
1. I am a dancer. I dance with my headphones and my phone in my pocket. I also am very active and work out with it on me and the size doesn't bother me at all tbh. The 1520 to me isn't that much bigger than my 1020.

Hell, I danced with my 920 and that sucker was thick and my 1020 had the camera bulge so the 1520 isn't much different for me and I wear both skinny jeans and normal jeans, I don't have any issues with discomfort sitting down though it is noticeable to see the phone in your pants. But not bad at all.

2. I think apps you downloaded and purchased are tied to the Microsoft account and you go to windowsphone.com I believe to reinstall. I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm sort of positive lol

3. I owned glossy 920, matte yellow 1020 and now a glossy red 1520.

The glossy does make it sort of slippery at times where if I am sweaty or wearing gloves it is a little slippery but nothing out of the ordinary. Its nothing that bothers me.

I've only dropped it once when I took a pic which was my fault since It was the way I was holding it.

Though I did wish I would have got matte yellow instead of glossy red. I like the red but I think owning a yellow 920 &1020....yellow has spoiled me haha. Love my Lumia :D

Oh I see. Thank you for posting your opinion. I am planning to get the red one but it's glossy. Only if it's matte :(
I have a friend who's using the note 3. Personally it doesn't look that huge compare the 1520 and it looks more compact which is why I am considering it too but I am so attached to the Windows OS :(
Well I will have a look at the 1520 once more at the AT&T local store here haha.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. If you can fit your hand in your pocket up to your wrist, then the 1520 will fit in there easily.
2. Pre-purchased WP8 apps can be re-installed for free, except for any manufacturer specific/exclusive apps
3. The black version is pretty grippy, but the size makes it a little awkward to use one handed. You'll quickly adjust to either using two hands or stretching your fingers.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll answer #1 and #3, since it looks like #2 has been covered:

1. I find that with my pants, it's not the most comfortable to leave in my pocket while sitting (I generally wear slacks, but have two pairs of "nice" jeans that I wear sometimes). However, I also didn't like keeping my 920 in my pockets either.

3. My 920 was glossy red, and I found it a bit slick on its own. Because of that, I opted for a mate yellow 1520, but I don't really see much of a difference in terms of grip - however, I do find that the matte seems to attract less fingerprints.

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading around the forums. I found 2 common major problem about the Lumia 1520 which are the low light recording (too much noise) and touch sensitivity issues.
Are these problems solved?

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I remember when the L920 was new. The diskussions then also said that maybe the mate finish is smarter due to the slippery gloss. BUT as soon as they where out it quickly turned out to be the other way around. The Mate was the slippery one and gloss gave you some friction.
I then whent to a store and compared and IMO the mate L920 is more slippery then the glossy. I ended up getting a red one.
Have anybody compared the red to an old red, is it a new type of finish?

I bought a red 1520 yesterday on Ebay but I was really close to getting the black. I have always found the mate black to be really really good looking. But I whent red just becuse I think it looks fun and goes well with a red 2025 which I intend to buy if its ever released here in Sweden.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading around the forums. I found 2 common major problem about the Lumia 1520 which are the low light recording (too much noise) and touch sensitivity issues.
Are these problems solved?

The low light recording is subjective. I've used the video recording and had no issues. Some people have.
As far as the touch sensitivity goes, that isn't a huge problem, its just that sometimes when you are scrolling it is easy to accidentally click something you didn't mean to but they have done an update and it is not a big issue anymore.

TMLloyd

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a question about the expandability and use of the micro sd cards. The description states that it is expandable up to 64GB, I opted for the black 32GB phone. I purchased a 64GB micro sd card from Amazon, it's actually a micro sdxc card. I asked someone at an authorized dealer store if that was compatible with the phone (there was a note with the cards stating to make sure that it was compatible as it isn't with all phones or tablets). The person at the store stated that I can only use a mirco sd card with this phone, not the sdxc. So I went to AT&T's web site to see what they had in way of micro sd cards. They have the exact one I purchased, for way more than I paid for, and under the "compatible with phones" tab it lists this phone. So which is it, compatible or not?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS