Lumia 1520(rm-937) on T-Mobile USA

elknimrod

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I want the lumia 1520, but I'm on T-Mobile in the US. I will never got to AT&T for very good reasons, so please don't suggest it. The one offered for sale here is the rm-937 which doesn't cover the 1700 band needed for TMO lte , and I understand it's not possible to change the phone to cover it either.

My question is: is anyone using the rm-937 on TMO US? If so, how are the data speeds? Are there other issues that should be known about the phone/carrier relationship?

When ATT finally brings out the 32gb version, I may try to unlock that and use it on TMO, but I've heard that path is fraught with issues too.

I've also heard rumors that TMO may adopt the lumia 1520, but at this point that's all it is; rumors.

Thanks for any info and/or advice, these forums are one of the top resources on the net.

Ed

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I would wait to hear more from MWC February 24thish. I have read rumors also that T-Mobile might announce it. Also I did read a thread on here that someone did buy the device and unlock it from att and It worked great on T-Mobile. They had to download some access point app and use same settings from there other T-Mobile device to make it work. They had issue with mms but that fixed it. Maybe search the forums here Nokia Lumia 1520 T-Mobile and you can find it. I am waiting to do the same after MWC.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I get 500mb data, so don't want to waste my bw running the test. However, I've performed the test before and can tell you the rating was maxed out for whatever tmo hspa normally maxes out at.

Call quality on this phone is great and unrelated to the network connection. Get the international version unless you have unlimited data you can leverage for LTE.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I assume the international version is the RM-937? And yes, I have unlimited data.

Ed

Yes. 937 is the international version. If your unlimited data isn't throttled, then I'd opt for an unlocked ATT version. All personal preference though. ATT version is gimped in other ways.

elknimrod

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes. 937 is the international version. If your unlimited data isn't throttled, then I'd opt for an unlocked ATT version. All personal preference though. ATT version is gimped in other ways.

Not that I'd ever go back to AT&T, but how is ATT better or worse? Just curious for knowledge that may help later.

Thanks,

Ed

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'd ever go back to AT&T, but how is ATT better or worse? Just curious for knowledge that may help later.

Thanks,

Ed

you can use unlocked ATT version on TMO and get LTE if you're in the refarmed areas. The att version doesn't have built in wireless charging support. You need to get an adapter for that. Also, you're limited to 16gb for all colors but black, which comes in 32gb and 16gb flavors. And the obvious, you're at ATT's mercy for updates...

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I need some help I wanted to buy unlocked HTC 8x and use on USA tmobile lte but confused what one to get. Could someone help. Thanks so much. Newegg or amazon :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need some help I wanted to buy unlocked HTC 8x and use on USA tmobile lte but confused what one to get. Could someone help. Thanks so much. Newegg or amazon :(

The GSM (SIM) model of the 8x I see on gsmarena would not be suitable for T-Mo. The radio isn't correct. There are two CDMA variants for Sprint or Verizon and they are an even worse match.

Also, this is the 1520 forum. HTC 8x is over here: HTC 8X - Windows Central Forums

You might want to look for a more suitable phone. If price is a consideration, look for a used T-Mo branded Lumia 925 or a BNIB leftover. It's a great all around work horse. Nokia Lumia 925 - Full phone specifications The RM-893 will get the fastest T-Mo data available for where you are at the moment and the spec looks slightly better (to me) than the 8x. The Lumia 935 was named best all-around Windows Phone last year by this site.

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The tmobile HTC 8x doesn't have lte .weird. But I read other unlocked versions online do work no issues on tmobile. Lte, mms stuff.like that. My sister is on tmobile loves that phone, doesn't like m8. Any suggestions. Unlocked tmobile lte blue 16g. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes