Patch Live

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
UK update came through last night, so far the phone feels a little quicker and no swipe issue........BUT!!!! its been less than 24hrs, I will give it 3 days before I claim the fix worked for me.

that's more encouraging I read loads of people saying the swipe issue is back after a bit (again)
keep us informed Mark - appreciate it - all appendages crossed

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
that's more encouraging I read loads of people saying the swipe issue is back after a bit (again)
keep us informed Mark - appreciate it - all appendages crossed

^ What this person said. I have been waiting for feedback re this issue in order to buy again and have been a bit disheartened to be honest.

June is too long to wait for the 8.1 devices.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
48hrs and no issue with screen....will give it to tomorrow before I can turn my attention from the screen issue, and back towards the crap low light videos lol

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Mark Reed2 what are your 1520 settings? Do you have glance on? For how long you own the 1520? Any other issues that if you knew prior to buy, you wouldnt spend money on the 1520? Would you still recomend the 1520 to your family or friend?

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Mark Reed2 what are your 1520 settings? Do you have glance on? For how long you own the 1520? Any other issues that if you knew prior to buy, you wouldnt spend money on the 1520? Would you still recomend the 1520 to your family or friend?

Settings are glance on, screen sen set to high, had it since launch in UK.

Issues I had was screen swipe, not as bad as some other owners, no other issues with the build of the phone.

Bad points would be the screen swipe issue, and how long it has taken to bring a update out, and the very poor coms off Nokia about it....very bad, also the low light videos are poor (daylight is great)

Would I say buy it...well down to what you want really, taking away the bad points leaves you with.
Great screen/long battery life/very good photos/good daylight videos/good cpu....looks nice.

Only other phone I would even think about putting it against is the Note 3, given the choice I would go with Note 3.......but only because of the poor 1520 launch and ongoing issues (update did not fix all the phones)
Had the 1520 issues been dealt with sooner, and low light videos been better, well the 1520 would have been the better phone.

No idea if that helps lol

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I really like the 1520 screen and camera. Im not the kind of person that fills up the phone with apps. I just want a smooth experience without any issues. But to tell the truth my Note 2 never gave me problems. Except the poor battery that it has since the update to android 4.3. I would love to try something different but i have read some issues with the 1520 that makes me think should i give it a try?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I really like the 1520 screen and camera. Im not the kind of person that fills up the phone with apps. I just want a smooth experience without any issues. But to tell the truth my Note 2 never gave me problems. Except the poor battery that it has since the update to android 4.3. I would love to try something different but i have read some issues with the 1520 that makes me think should i give it a try?
I recommend you to stay with Android until 8.1 is released... The features are very limited and not worth it

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Almost 3 days clear now, but tbh the issue was not as bad as other owners, so I think thats reason it seems to have stayed fixed.

This leads to one thing, hardware faults, if people still have the issue after the update it goes to show that the issue was hardware from the start, I mean we have the same phone...same update....so why are some fixed and others not.

The update was a work around, I think it was aimed at reducing the issue, so for some it cleared it up, some its a bit better, but for others its back....again if it was nothing more than software issue we would all have fixed phones now.

This also might be the reason I see no word from Nokia saying "this is 100% the fix" I would guess they release it and wait for feedback, maybe they can tweak it more, maybe its as good as it gets now, or maybe they need 8.1 out to tweak it another way?

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
The navigations feels much more smooth after the upgrade, but moist and dirt can still cause some Screen Sensitivity issues.
Cleaning the screen with a soft lens-cleaner has helped a lot on my Lumia 1520.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well 4 days now and no screen issue, so thats sorted for me...though many are stick stuck with this crap issue.

Just need them to tweak the camera now :)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well 4 days now and no screen issue, so thats sorted for me...though many are stick stuck with this crap issue.

Just need them to tweak the camera now :)

Good to know that you're no longer having that issue. The reason, apparently, many are stuck with the issue still is the staggered rollout of this update.

Once everyone has it I expect reports on it to start dropping quickly.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Good to know that you're no longer having that issue. The reason, apparently, many are stuck with the issue still is the staggered rollout of this update.

Once everyone has it I expect reports on it to start dropping quickly.

Worked for me, but it seems hit and miss for others, some work for a day or so, some still have issue right after the update.

This draws me to HW issue, some having it worse than others so the update works with different degrees of success, if it was just software all would have same results after the update....though I am keen to find out if anyone had the issue very bad, but after the update it was fixed.

Jerrycw

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It could also be other settings like glance, normal sensitivity etc that caused the firmware to work for some but not all. Anyway, I just got an update for my HK variant, not in form as a firmware update, but an update in market place specifically called "touch". The descriptions says its used to support high sensitivity touch when using a glove, I guess this should be essentially the touch fix. I just got this update so I'm yet to confirm whether this is the fix for me or not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb