Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the benefits are the minimalist nature of the case, and a raised edge that protects the camera lens. The down side, at least to me, is that the edge is almost flush with the screen, so there's very little protection for a face-down drop. I also don't think the grip is as sure as the Incipio NGP. I have it on now mainly because I like the way it looks. I suspect I'll eventually go back to the Incipio.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I found this random bug that's not really a big deal to me. I charge my phone wirelessly but when I travel I usually charge it the old fashioned way. If I try to use my phone keyboard while the phone is charging with wires, it's like it's possessed and some ghost is typing on your keyboard. You really can't do anything until you unplug it. Anyone else see this?

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I am a t-mo customer in Ga. I had to hard reset my phone over the weekend. I was unable to get internet sharing working with the Spanish keyboard trick no matter what I tried. The only thing that worked was using the Nokia recovery tool to send it back to 8. After getting sharing up, upgrading to 8.1. Do you think the cyan update will fix internet sharing without the keyboard trick? Or worse, prevent the recovery tool to sending you back to 8 so if you reset, there is no way to get internet sharing working again? Thoughts?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Sure has turned quiet in Unicorn land. My main observation after nearly three weeks with the phone is that data speeds don't seem to be as good as they were with my Note II. The good thing is that they are still more than adequate for what I do. I'm still able to stream audio and video at my desk at work with the help of the signal booster from T-Mobile, and it works fine around town. I don't do as well when I run speedchecks, but as long as it works in real world situations, I don't care. I am getting the "tap instead of swipe" problem from time to time, but I consider it a minor rather than major annoyance. As far as the two previous post go, I haven't charged the phone other than via my Qi chargers so I can't respond to that. And I'm sorry to hear about the Internet Sharing problems. I REALLY rely on that here at work because my iPad with a USB keyboard is a lot easier to use than the phone. I hope it's not an issue with Cyan.

Last note--I decided to jump on a Square Trade deal yesterday, and bought at 2-year warranty for $87. I wouldn't have done it if I was totally confident we had a one-year manufacturer's warranty we could count on, but that seems to be a little ambiguous. Better safe than sorry in this instance. Buy a MotoG for a replacement is NOT an option. :)

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that Wi-Fi speeds aren't as good as my 5G iPod Touch. The iPod can pretty much max out my Wi-Fi connect speeds while the 1520.3 struggles to get more than 25Mbps.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that Wi-Fi speeds aren't as good as my 5G iPod Touch. The iPod can pretty much max out my Wi-Fi connect speeds while the 1520.3 struggles to get more than 25Mbps.

That was one of the first things I checked when I got my phone. On this test, it outdid the Note.ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1403699484.497338.jpg

ethos83

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This thread was so helpful! Finally ordered by 1520.3 from B&H tonight. Looked at it on Newegg last night, put one in my shopping cart and everything. My wife said I should sleep on it. So glad I did! Newegg wanted $631 (including shipping). Came on B&H today as a comparison and they wanted $619. Once I created a B&H site account, the price dropped by 50 bucks plus free expedited shipping! So only $569 for the phone. Will be here Wednesday of next week, just in time for the 4th of July camping trip!

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Good deal! My only regret in this whole process was canceling my B&H order and going with NewEgg. By the way, Square Trade has been sending out 40% off codes for their warranty. I decided to get one and it came out to $92 with Texas sales tax for two years of full coverage. They've dropped their deductible to $75. I originally decided I wasn't going to because I bought warranties on five Android phones that I've never used (Nexus/Note); however, there's been enough speculation about the status of the Nokia warranty on the 1520.3 that I decided better safe than sorry.

Dragonblade

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad I checked around B&H One more time.
I Just canceled My Negri Phone order of $591 (Memorial Day Coupon)
That I had been waiting on for over a month & they still have no stock.

Placed my order from B&H $569 and it will be here next week.
I guess it wasnt meant to be Negri...

:winktongue:

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, could you tell me if the phone ordered through Newegg arrives with broken seals (or no seals)? During the ordering process i needed to give them consent that i accept that the phone may arrive with broken seals due to their unlocking. What is your experience ordering it through Newegg? I really do not like the fact that it may arrive tampered. Who knows, they may have bunch of returned items that they want to get rid of?

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered two and both were. I have another coming Wednesday and will let you know on this new one. I think that's a canned message as I saw that to when I first order my other ones.